Contributor

Re: Problem updating tablet

Your response makes no sense. The update module crashes EVERY TIME I use it. So stop making up excuses and get on with a fix for the update module.

My tablet is a ns- p10a6100 and it has never had an update. 5.1.1 has been available for quite some time and 6.0 has shipped. Does Insignia ever update their tablets?

Contributor

I have 3 tablets i bought from best buy. None of them would update and the morons that maintain insignia have not done a single thing to solve this issue.

What kind of crap is this anyway? Tablet would not update no matter what!

Contributor

All my tablets have Android 5.0.1

The ota update is hopelessly broken and crashes every time I try using it.

When will the lazy developers at insignia fix this issue? When?

Contributor

No one from insignia is reading our posts? No one is doing anything to fix the update module? Does insignia care about their customers?

Contributor

The wireless module is unstable. I am stuck on Android 5.0.1

Every time I try to update, it says update failed. This has been going on since July of 2015. Will insignia fix this issue or will they just ignore us?

Contributor

The wireless module keeps dropping connections. It has gotten so bad my wife has simply stopped using her tablet. My daughter bought a mini iPad. So I now have 3 tablets that are useless.

When will the morons at insignia do something?????

Contributor

Why does this thread say "solved"? I now have a newer insignia tablet with the same update module hopelessly broken. Does insignia people ever listen to their customers?

Contributor

I have this same type problem here too for the android 6.0.1 tablet, the only fix I can think of is if they provide an download update.zip for my model , not sure about the other tablets but the update OTA feature seems broken on my tablet below, again linksys router and HughesNet Internet connection to the web, satilite internet connection on update it gets

if I go to Update
Please press button to check update online.
Perform periodic check for OTA update
its on
and click check update
checking please wait
then it reads check failed! Please check your network!
and an confirm button

so either their no updates for my android 6.0.1 tablet or it doesn't like my internet service provider at home, I don't no if its is an stable internet connection or not in this case, google play updates for apps work but the built in OTA update seems broken for my device maybe again I don't really no about this for sure. makes me feel like I should of waited for an new samsung android tablet at least with them the updates always worked so far for my old tablet. but thats just how I feel about it kind of, otherwise the new tablet is great for some stuff like ebooks and games, with a few broken software related problems.

hardware information below

model number 
NS-P10A7100

android version

Android security patch level
May 1,2016

kernel version
evan@evan-desktop #21
Mon Jun 27 15:18:25 CST 2016

Build Number
NS-P10A7100 V01.00.00

double clicking on Kernel version bring but the system update screen for update.zip on /sdcard

Android Tablet User
Contributor

The update module for the Insignia tablets is hoplessly broken and NOTHING can be updated besides what Google provides. Updating your Insignia's operating system is simply IMPOSSIBLE. The most annoying thing in all of this is that Insignia does not seem to care at all.

I now own 3 tablets and none of them was EVER updated. The update module is hopelessly broken and no one cares.

I will use these pieces of crap until they break down and throw them in the garbage and get it over with.