Unable to check for updates: Insignia - 10.1" - Tablet - 32GB Model NS-P10A7100

Hello - just purchased this unit from Best Buy on July 29. When going to settings/about tablet/system update/check update I reveive this error: "Check failed! Please check your network!" I am connected to WiFi and able to access the internet. I have tried from home and work with the same results.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix, if not will there be?

SHoudl I just return the product for a refund?

Contributor

Re: Unable to check for updates: Insignia - 10.1" - Tablet - 32GB Model NS-P10A7100

this is related to the Best Buys System Update software on insignia 10.1 tablets, I hope this helps answer your question about it.

I have no fix for this either insignia needs to fix the software or you got to get best buy to fix their System Update App, since it full name says bestbuy in the filename for these insignia tablets.

when you click on System Update its runnning an file called "com.bestbuy.update.UpdateService" under the App name of Update, again one is an blue icon circle with an up arrow in it, this one that crashes , the other update app has the default android app icon which is disabled by the Best Buy System Update software from model number NS-P10A7100 tablet.

everyone that buys this tablet is stuck on android 6.0.1 until an fix can be found to upgrade it to 7.1 or 8.1 android,

since Unable to Check for updates is normal for these insigna tablets from Best Buy local stores for me at least I can say that for sure.