Regular Contributor

Re: Updating NS-P11W7100 to Windows 10 1709 32-bit kills the audio, camera, maybe other drivers?

Quickly circling back to the Partner modules...Those two systems are either Partner II or Partner Plus (I can't read the label). The processor's memory retention battery is inside the clamshell and, I believe, soldered to the motherboard. Those really old processors would be candidates to be replaced by the Avaya Partner ACS.

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

Re: Updating NS-P11W7100 to Windows 10 1709 32-bit kills the audio, camera, maybe other drivers?

Those pics were taken in early July 2010 and the memory retention batteries were long since toast even then. Oh geeze, the GPS tags are still in those pics' EXIF headers. Oh well, some l33t h@xx0r d00d could figure out I used to work in the same building as Napster and a bunch of other dot.bombs, oh noes.

To pull this back to some pretense of being on topic, I wonder if Insignia tablets have separate BIOS memory retention batteries like desktop motherboards do, or whether running the lithium battery all the way down would wipe the BIOS settings, date and time, BIOS passwords, etc.

Contributor

To the OP.  Just cloned a brand new NS-P11W7100 from bestbuy using macrium reflect and it worked pretty well, except for 3 device manager error. But whats weird, that the source of the clone does not have the error. So maybe there are a few types out there.

Another weird thing is that, after some windows update, the device manager error is down to 1 error.

Now it is saying that it is updating my windows 10 version 1709. I wonder if the drivers will error out in mine like what happened to yours. We will see. And if the backup drivers i did will still work after te update.

so the one error i have is the camera. i still dont have camera....

what does it says on your hardware? what brand model will i download to make my camera work...?

Regular Contributor

I'm not sure that modern tablets would contain an extra battery. It would seemingly go counter to the "make it as thin and light as possible" movement in the personal electronics industry.

It just seems weird that the seller would pawn a computer that is locked by a forgotten password. If I ever decided to sell my Insignia tablet, I'd do a factory default so the buyer would be starting with a clean slate.
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

There are a lot of idiots out there who will screw around until they screw something up and then try to either return it to the store or pawn it on eCray.

Regular Contributor

True...very true.

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

I once picked up an open box laptop for like 80% off because some idjit tried to dual boot Windows and Ubuntu and screwed up the drive past what the store's customer service department or system restore could fix on their own without a little help from Parted Magic. You love FEATURE 00, I love idjits.

Regular Contributor

We're you able to reload the drivers to get the laptop fully functional again?
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Highlighted
Contributor

I did the system restore and then a full backup using a boot CD before trying to update Windows, so the drivers survived unscathed. I'd still like to know why tablets don't like to boot from CDs, thumb drives, or even SD cards.

Contributor

Jlfoster,
I made a Windows 10 32 bit installer from a Microsoft USB tool, that booted fine in my 11.6. also created a macrium rescue disk from USB using UEFI, that one worked too.

But I cannot boot to SD card. I even was able to come the OS and made it to boot from a flashdrive. It works, but very very very slow. I believed I used easyuefi? To make it work.