Contributor

Re: Updating NS-P11W7100 to Windows 10 1709 32-bit kills the audio, camera, maybe other drivers?

I hear ya, but I've pretty much exhausted all my other options for salvaging this tablet. I figure I can throw every malware scan I've ever heard of at a drivers.zip file before I actually open it, and Windows ought to complain about unsigned drivers or something with a funky certificate by now.

If we can learn how the drivers collection was made, we can make them ourselves for our own devices forevermore right between unboxing them and the first time looking at them crosseyed. Well, that and creating recovery discs and installing VNC or TeamViewer, because you never know.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updating NS-P11W7100 to Windows 10 1709 32-bit kills the audio, camera, maybe other drivers?

The low price of my 8" tablet (I got it for less than $100) has me not wanting to jump through hoops to try to salvage it should it suffer corruption.

If the drivers were made available by Insignia, that would be a different story. I realize that I can't speak for others though.

There are inexpensive Windows tablets offered by other brands...HP, Lenovo etc. If these other companies do make the drivers available, I, myself, would kick a few tires and see if anything looks good in the event that my 8" tablet dies.
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

I bought the 11" used for a song, but I'm stubborn and getting over a nasty cold with not much better to do, and I learned a few things from all this, like Windows 10 Creators Update clobbers Reset this PC and System Image Recovery, Acronis and many other tools don't work well with tablets, though some versions of Parted Magic boot CDs might work, Windows Fresh Start clobbers the device drivers, so...

Regular Contributor

I've been lucky. My little tablet is fully updated (Windows 10 Home) and isn't exibiting any odd behavior (or nothing that I'm not already seeing on my two Microsoft Surface devices). I like the small form factor of the 8" design. I keep it inside a folio that doubles as a stand.

I've fresh started on the tablet a few times and it always pulls through. Smiley Happy

Besides getting used to having to utilize the onscreen keyboard, my one disappointment is the limited battery life. I can stretch it out a little by switching off Bluetooth and moving the battery performance slider to the Battery Saver position. With this, I can squeeze about six or seven hours of Internet music/TV simulcasts before the battery taps out.

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

I use a Vulcan 8" I got for half off with a promo code from Fry's for my extreme portability needs. At least it found all its drivers after updating Windows.

I think I got the Insignia sorted to my satisfaction: It once again streams Netflix in Full HD with nice crisp stereo sound.

"FEATURE 00"? Maybe I'm just slow, but that's only giving me Lucent/Avaya PBX flashbacks.

Regular Contributor

I think you are the only person outside of telecom forums to recognize the code to enter programming mode on AT&T/Lucent/Avaya Partner telephone systems. 😊
I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

I Hate "FEATURE 00"

It was a happy day when my too frequent by far Partner reprogramming meltdowns finally convinced TPTB to slap a decent UPS on the phone system. I should have never stepped up that one fateful Monday after the Daylight Saving time change to figure out how to set the time on the phones, because from then on, the **bleep** phone system became my problem, aaargh!

Regular Contributor

No to stray too far off topic. Older versions of the Partner processor had internal batteries to maintain system programming in the event of a power failure. The Partner ACS added a PCMCIA which was used to store processor programming and a deluxe version was available which also could act as a modem for remote dialup access.

The PACS R7 & R8 processors could boot from either a PCMCIA or internal memory. Earlier software versions of the R7 were snakebitten. Avaya finall got its act together with the R8, but, by that time, the company decided to retire the Partner platform much the same way it did with the Merlin platform years earlier.

I installed an Avaya Partner ACS R7 "E" here at home many years ago and later flashed it up to the "J" release . Never had a processor problem since the day it went in. Smiley Happy A few touchpads on the Euro II 18Ds have gone flaky though. Smiley Sad

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Contributor

My time in small business exile was a while ago, but I keep data files forever. This was the phone system:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was the UPS. Note the paper clip and cardboard taped over the power switch,

so the cardboard box protecting it from water cooler spills and the wastebasket stuck on top of that don't turn it off!

Contributor

@wrote:

I've been lucky. My little tablet is fully updated (Windows 10 Home) and isn't exibiting any odd behavior (or nothing that I'm not already seeing on my two Microsoft Surface devices). I like the small form factor of the 8" design. I keep it inside a folio that doubles as a stand.

I've fresh started on the tablet a few times and it always pulls through. Smiley Happy

Besides getting used to having to utilize the onscreen keyboard, my one disappointment is the limited battery life. I can stretch it out a little by switching off Bluetooth and moving the battery performance slider to the Battery Saver position. With this, I can squeeze about six or seven hours of Internet music/TV simulcasts before the battery taps out.

@dexman

can you do the community a favor? can you install double driver on your win10 machine? and do a backup of all drivers, i mean all including microsoft? and upload it somewhere so we can download it and install it on ours?

i used to do this on all my machines and it worked really well. except this time, two day old tablet bricked because of windows update.

This will also make sure you have a backup of your drivers just in case in the future something got messed up?

here is the download page

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html

thank you in advance.....