desktop PC connected to NS39DR510NA17

PC: HP h8-1534 desktop
cpu: AMD FX-8320
ram: 32Gb
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
monitor: NS39DR510NA17 via HDMI (which eliminates audio output from the sound card)

Audio: ASUS Xonar DSX
speakers: 5.1 surround

problem: ALL audio goes directly to the tv instead of the sound card, please help!

thanks in advance for your time and consideration

Insignia Support

Re: desktop PC connected to NS39DR510NA17

Hello MugsyBaloney,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

Your Insignia TV will display the picture and play the audio signals it receives from your computer. To change how audio is played, you will need to adjust your computer audio output settings. If you need assistance, I recommend contacting your computer's manufacturer.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Thank you for your reply! I recently had an NS-32L120A13 connected to the same computer via HDMI. It died and was replaced with a new NS39DR510NA17. The old dead 32", was listed in Control Panel/Sound as an audio output device which I could keep disabled and all audio output from the computer would go through the enabled sound card. The new 39" is also listed as an audio output device, but the only way I can get any audio output at all from the computer (and that ONLY through the TV) is to disable all audio outputs EXCEPT the TV. I've tried hooking the computer to all 3 HDMI inputs and on each of those 3 inputs I've tried every last audio configuration the TV has to offer but it seems that no matter what, the ENABLED HDMI (ARC) isn't doing what it's designed to do according to this quote straight out of the user manual... "HDMI1 (ARC) is the audio return channel that is available on one of your TV's HDMI ports. The audio return channel enables you to send a Dolby Digital audio signal back to a home theater receiver that is also sending an audio and video signal into your TV." Is there an update or patch in the works that will get this working?

Insignia Support

Hello MugsyBaloney,  

Thank you for sharing the additional details and your loyalty to Insignia!

Please remember that the intended use of the product is as a TV, not a computer monitor. As you are connecting to a computer and not a home theater receiver as indicated in the section you quoted from the User Guide, ARC functionality may be limited or unavailable.

I renew my recommendation to contact your computer manufacturer for additional assistance. You are also welcome to contact Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance troubleshooting your setup.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support