Visitor

insignia ns-p11w6100 questions

Hello,

So I just purchased one of these and it's currently in the mail on its way to me. I have a couple of questions, are there any quirks that I should know about? It says it comes pre-loaded with windows 10, can anyone tell me the default install size? I'm trying to reduce the windows 10 size as much as possible and was just curious if anyone had any success shrinking the space used by the system...I did order a 64gb sdcard , but still want to know how and what anyone has fine to reduce size on main install...also, is this a SSD drive? I mean rather is the drive it whatever removable at all? I would appreciate anyone's suggestions concerning this tablet or anything in general from the owners who have one!!!

Thanks
rwn
Visitor

Re: insignia ns-p11w6100 questions

I'm going to make a post about this. The most frustrating thing for a lot of us is the touchpad. Windows will only recognize it as a HID Mouse and thus you get no touchpad settings. Since the buttons are on the touchpad itself this makes right clicking a nightmare. I've done some research and found out that gestures work on it however even though it's not a precision touchpad. I now have to two-finger tap to get a right-click because using the "button" is not practical and often ends up just left clicking. The odd thing about this is that certain zone the bottom right corner is supposed to trigger it too w/o having to click the touchpad. I wanted to set up a deadzone for it so when i clicked it didn't register touch but oh well...

The other problem are win10 build updates or refreshes seem to reset all drivers and don't get reinstalled. Users complain about losing audio or wifi after one of these events. I lost audio but the kind folks that uploaded the driver package had the right driver and all is well for me.

Youll never want to use at 100% scaling on a 1080p screen the size of a small sheet of paper, 150% or greater is recommended. It may kill batt life but I also chose to use throttle stop to have all the cores run @1.8ghz all of the time since 1.3ghz is too slow and it does throttle lower than that making things slow when they needn't be.

lay

Was trying to let my little cousin run minecraft on it, it technically ran it but it was annoyingly slow, tools exist to "overclock" the gpu I think.

The build of win10 that comes preinstalled doesn't have a setting to make the power button turn the display off, like on other mobile devices. Creator's update and a registry hack do exist however. I also wanted to OC the z3735f atom proc but so far I've hit a wall people have but just not on this device. The bios doesn't seem to be power user friendly.

All in all an official driver package and updated working touchpad driver would be great along with the power button fix, other than that it makes for a cute little win10 machine. I hope updated versions up the ram (4gb should be the min for win10)and include an overclocking tool. Maybe a storage upgrade to 64gb aswell the sd card sort of addresses this issue though.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: insignia ns-p11w6100 questions

thanks for the reply

according to fedex this thing will be here tomorrow!!!

so i assume the best deal for most fixes is a complete reinstall of Windows? I was planning on installing Win10 Pro, just because...well i want to! Now i can install the creators update and i def want to do that with te registry hack to make it sleep or whatever when i press power button...another question is....have people had suscess reinstalling windows to cure the driver problem ? i mean that doesnt even make sense? windows updates would cause you to lose drivers lol? im wonering if a full reinstall will help?

Thanks