Visitor

tablet mode windows 10

hello,  Windows 10 was reinstalled on NS P11w6100 but now keyboard detached and touch screen NOT working.

Review the setting TABLET mode twice but once the keyboard detached, nothing working on the touch screen

please help

Insignia Support

Re: tablet mode windows 10

Hello alexcamp,

Welcome back to our community! I’m sorry to hear that your tablet’s touchscreen isn’t working as expected. At this time we may have limited options available to assist you further.

You’re more than welcome to visit your local Best Buy to seek Geek Squad’s further assistance. However, their assistance may not be covered under your manufacturer’s warranty if you’ve reinstalled windows. At this time we’d be unable to assist you further as we’re unable to provide specific drivers.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Regular Contributor

Was Windows re-installed the conventional way by executing a reset using the "Settings->Update & Security->Recovery" method, or, were the drivers reloaded from an external/outside source?

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Regular Contributor

I noticed that the question has been posted elsewhere. I suspect that a driver has become corrupted or deleted. I don't know if Insignia can provide any drivers beyond those that may be found on the device's webpage.

My Insignia NS-P08W8100 tablet's product page has no drivers listed, so, if it succumbs to corruption, it will, sadly, get tossed.

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Visitor

insignia flex was corrupted by the windows 10 updates. Use Windows media to re-install windows 10, everything working fine except the TABLET MODE is not working - Get used to the light weight of tablet without keyboard  !!!!!!!!

If giving to Geek squad, they can fix it BUT I do use the tablet to check financial numbers and do NOT like some one sneeks in a bad codes 

Regular Contributor

This might not make a difference, but, if you switch over to computer mode, does it help?

I Love "FEATURE 00"
Visitor

as long as the keyboard is attached, there is NO problem : you can browse the internet, play music, watch TCM, read/write email.

When keyboard is detached, usually it prompts you and you click YES to switch the mode to TABLET.

when keyboard detached  wherever you touch on the screen:  nothing happens. If keyboard attached again you have the cursor back and every thing going on as usual...........

I already try to reload the DRIVERS of NSP11W6100  but nothing helps. 

I believe that something resides at the BIOS because

in the past you have to sign on after WINDOWS iS up.

Now on this tablet, after the hard drive was formatted and reinstalling windows 10 with the media creator on USB, I have the BIOS screen: American Megatrend screen and prompting for  password to signon then windows screen UP and signon again with the windows password  !!!!!!!!!

the reason of formatting hard drive  is that: RESET/REPAIR/RECOVERY from backup USB....  all end up with the dead BLUE screen or dead blue screen with a cursor

Three months ago, I had an HP laptop and corrupted by windows updates, hard drive was formatted and  windows 10 was reinstalled with no problem at all.

this laptop now working with the latest version of windows 10: 1803

insignia support just wants to give geeksquad  our $100.00 !!!!!!!!!! and any new tablet is $300 or less

Regular Contributor

Slight topic detour. When I purchased my NS-P08W8100 from Best Buy, there were other companies that offered 8" Windows tablets...most notably NuVision. Curiously,when the Insignia tablet was discontinued, other companies pulled their 8" tablets shortly thereafter. With the various manufacturers offering tablets with the same "innards" it leads me to believe that the tablets are built by a single outfit, but, the tablets are customized for each vendor...such as Insignia and NuVision.

Because the tablet is running Windows, try posting over at Microsoft's Community Forums and see if anyone over there has any suggestions.

I Love "FEATURE 00"