Insignia Support
Insignia Support

Can I play DVD Discs from a Region/Zone other than Region/Zone 1 on my Insignia DVD Players?

[ Edited ]

Can I play DVD Discs from a Region/Zone other than Region/Zone 1 on my Insignia DVD Players?

• Since our products are sold mainly in the US and Canada, all of our DVD Players are Region/Zone 1 (one).

Insignia Support

Can I remove the Region/Zone lock?

[ Edited ]

Can I remove the Region/Zone lock?

No, removing such protection is considered illegal and will void the DVD Player's warranty.

Insignia Support

Whenever I try to listen to the radio I get alot of static, why is that?

[ Edited ]

Whenever I try to listen to the radio I get alot of static, why is that?

• Make sure the antenna is extended to its maximum. Also, make sure there's no device or power outlet near the antenna. Try moving the antenna to an open space.

Insignia Support

What is progressive scan and what can I do with it?

[ Edited ]

What is progressive scan and what can I do with it?

• A progressive scan DVD player is a DVD player that can output video in a progressive scan format such as 480p or 720p. Players which can output resolutions higher than 480p are often called upconverting DVD players.
• To utilize this feature, a TV or other display with a progressive scan input was needed. HDTVs usually have a progressive scan input; progressive scan inputs are less common on standard definition TVs (often called SDTVs.).
• Progressive scan players can not use standard RCA terminated cable such as that used for composite video and S-Video. One of the four following methods is common: VGA, Component, DVI or HDMI.

Insignia Support

I pressed something on my DVD Player's remote control, and now I get a scrambled picture

[ Edited ]

I pressed something on my DVD Player's remote control, and now I get a scrambled picture, even in the menu. How can I fix this?

• If your TV does not support Progressive Scan, or it's turned off and you press the P.Scan button on the DVD Player, you will get a scrambled picture (even in the menu). In order to correct this, you can turn on Progressive Scan in your TV (if it has such an option) or you can keep pressed the Stop button on the DVD Player to turn it off.

Insignia Support

What's the difference between Video and VR mode? Will my disc still play on any DVD player?

[ Edited ]

What's the difference between Video and VR mode? Will my disc still play on any DVD player?

• Video Mode is the standard DVD-Video recording mode. It is available for every DVD disc (DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W). Discs recorded in this mode are playable on most DVD Players (after finalization); however it provides basic limited editing features.
• VR Mode is only available for DVD-RW discs. Recordings can be extensively edited; however these will only play on VR mode compatible players (after finalization).

Insignia Support

How can I record more than 2 hours on a recordable/rewritable DVD?

[ Edited ]

How can I record more than 2 hours on a recordable/rewritable DVD?

• This will depend on the recording mode you are using. If you are using regular size DVD discs (12cm), then the following applies:
  - XP Mode: 1 Hour
  - SP Mode: 2 Hours
  - LP Mode: 4 Hours
  - EP Mode: 6 Hours

Insignia Support

I have recorded a DVD on my Insignia Recorder and it plays just fine on the recorder itself

[ Edited ]

I have recorded a DVD on my Insignia Recorder and it plays just fine on the recorder itself; however it won't play on any other DVD Player I try. What's wrong?

• Please check the compatible discs at the beginning or end of the User's Manual. Most of our players can read all DVD Discs (DVD-R/W; DVD+R/W; DVD-ROM; Dual Layer). For DVD-RW, make sure you have recorded the disc in a standard DVD Video mode (most DVD Players cannot read DVDs recorded in VR mode).

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Can I record an Audio CD on my DVD recorder?

[ Edited ]

Can I record an Audio CD on my DVD recorder?

• No. Audio CDs, VCDs, Data CDs and DVD-Audio is not supported for recording.