7" Dual-Screen Portable DVD Player (NS-D7PDVD) FAQ (13-0161)

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: How do I connect my DVD player and extra monitor to power?

Question 2: How do I use my DVD player with a TV or monitor?

Question 3: How do I install my player in my vehicle?

Usage

Question 4: What kind of discs can I play?

Question 5: Why will my DVD player not work unless it is connected to power?

Question 6: How do I play a disc?

Question 7: What should I do if the player will not recognize a disc?

Question 8: What should I do if my player starts, then immediately stops?

Question 9: What should I do if my DVD player or extra monitor is not working?

Question 10: What should I do if my DVD player will not work with my TV or monitor?

Question 11: Can I leave the DVD player and monitor in my car when I am not using it?

Question 12: How do I adjust settings?

Question 13: How do I use parental controls?

Question 14: What should I do if I forgot my password?

Question 15: Why is my DVD player clicking?

Question 16: How do I view photos on my DVD player?

Question 17: What should I do if my remote control is not working?

Question 18: How do I replace my remote control battery?

Audio

Question 19: What should I do if the sound is not loud enough, distorted, or not playing?

Question 20: What should I do if the audio is not in sync with the video?

Video

Question 21: What should I do if I have audio but no video when playing a disc?

Question 22: How do I adjust the brightness of my DVD player screen?

General

Question 23: How do I reset to factory settings?

Question 24: Where can I get more information about the 7” Dual-Screen Portable DVD Player?

Question 25: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Question 1: How do I connect my DVD player and extra monitor to power?

Your DVD player must be connected to power to work and cannot operate on battery power. The extra monitor must be connected to the DVD player to receive power. The DVD player can be connected to power through a power outlet or your car’s vehicle charger.

Connect-wall-power_13-0161.jpg

To power your DVD player in your car:

1. Plug one end of the car power adapter into the DC IN jack on the side of your player.
  2. Plug the other end of the adapter into a 12 V vehicle charger.
  3. If you want to use the extra monitor, use the AV/DC cable to connect the AV OUT and DC OUT jacks on the DVD player to the AV IN and DC IN jacks on the extra monitor.
  4. Slide the ON/OFF switch to on the side of your DVD player and monitor to the ON position.

To connect your DVD player a power outlet:

1. Plug one end of the AC to DC power adapter into the DC IN jack on the side of your player.
  2. Plug the other end of the adapter into a power outlet.
  3. If you want to use the extra monitor, use the AV/DC cable to connect the AV OUT and DC OUT jacks on the DVD player to the AV IN and DC IN jacks on the extra monitor.
  4. Slide the ON/OFF switch to on the side of your DVD player and monitor to the ON position.

Question 2: How do I use my DVD player with a TV or monitor?

You can connect your player to a TV or monitor so you can watch DVDs or view photos on the TV or monitor.

1. Plug the end of the supplied AV cable that has one black connector into the yellow AV OUT jack on your player.
  2. Plug the three connectors on the other end of the supplied AV cable into the connectors of an RCA cable (not included). Make sure that the colors of the two cables match.
  3. Plug the three connectors on the other end of the RCA cable into the AV jacks of the TV or monitor. The white connector goes into the left audio jack. The red connector goes into the right audio jack. The yellow connector goes into the video jack.
    Note: Make sure that the cable and jack colors match.
  4. Connect-TV-monitor_13-0161.jpg 

5. Plug one end of the AC/DC power adapter into the DC IN jack on the side of your DVD player and the other end into a power outlet.
  6.  Connect-wall-power_13-0161.jpg

7. Slide the ON/OFF switch on the side of your DVD player to the ON position.
  8. Press the OPEN button on your DVD player, insert a disc label side up, then close the lid.
  9. Turn on your TV or monitor, then change the input/source to the AV source (AV, Video 1, etc.).
  10. Use the controls on your DVD player or DVD player remote control to control playback.
    Tip: To use the remote control, prop up your DVD player on its stand and point the remote at the IR sensor.
  11. Use your TV or monitor controls to adjust the volume.

Question 3: How do I install my player in my vehicle?

This product includes two straps to hang the DVD player and monitor on your headrest to watch movies from the back seat of your vehicle.

To attach the DVD player or monitor to a headrest:

1. Slide the support strap through the two slots on the back of your player or the extra monitor.
  2. Strap1_13-0161.jpg 

3. Place the strap around the headrest of one of the vehicle’s front seats.
  4. Strap-2_13-0161.jpg 

5. Center your player or the extra monitor in the middle of the headrest, then fasten the strap securely.
    Note: The motion of your vehicle may cause the strap to loosen and the DVD player or monitor to sag or fall. If it does, pull on the end of the strap to tighten.
  6.  Strap-3_13-0161.jpg

Question 4: What kind of discs can I play?

• Your DVD player will play with region 1 DVD videos, audio CDs, and JPEG files on DVD-Rs and CD-Rs.
  • Your DVD player will not work with Blu-ray, 3D videos, or discs that are not from region 1.

Question 5: Why will my DVD player not work unless it is connected to power?

•  This DVD player must be plugged into a power outlet to function. It cannot operate on battery power alone.

Question 6: How do I play a disc?

1. Make sure that your DVD player is connected to power.
  2. Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The power LED lights red.
  3. Press the OPEN button and pull the disc tray open.
  4. Place a disc, label side up, in the disc tray, then close the tray. The disc starts playing automatically.

Question 7: What should I do if the player will not recognize a disc?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the disc is label side up in your DVD player.
  • Make sure that the DVD or CD is clean. Wipe the disc outwards from the center with a clean cloth.
  • If the screen shows “Unknown Disc,” your disc is not compatible with the DVD player. See Question 4 for a list of compatible discs.
  • If the screen shows “Wrong Region,” your disc is not compatible. Your DVD player can only play discs from region 1. See Question 4 for a list of compatible discs.
  • Your DVD or CD may be damaged. Try playing another disc.

Question 8: What should I do if my player starts, then immediately stops?

• Make sure that the region code for the DVD matches the region code of your player. Your player’s region code is 1. See the packaging of the DVD to find the code.
  • Make sure that the disc is not dirty.
  • If condensation has formed inside your player, let your player dry out.

Question 9: What should I do if my DVD player or extra monitor is not working?

[ Edited ]

Note: Exposing your DVD player or monitor to extremely high or low temperatures may cause the DVD player to malfunction.

• Make sure that your DVD player is connected to a working power outlet and is turned on.
  • Make sure that all of the cables are pushed in completely and are secure. The plugs should be flush against the player.
  • Make sure that the DVD or CD label is facing up.
  • Make sure that you are playing a compatible disc. See Question 4 for a list of compatible discs.
  • Make sure that the DVD or CD is clean. Wipe the disc outwards from the center with a clean cloth.
  • Your DVD or CD may be damaged. Try playing another disc.
  • If your DVD player is connected to a TV or monitor, see Question 10