Question 10: What should I do if my DVD player will not work with my TV or monitor?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that both your TV or monitor and DVD player are connected to a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that your TV or monitor and DVD player are turned on.
  • Make sure that all connections are correct and secure.
  • Make sure that you have selected the AV source (AV, Video 1, etc.) on your TV or monitor.
  • Make sure that you are playing a compatible disc. See Question 4 for more information.

Question 11: Can I leave the DVD player and monitor in my car when I am not using it?

• No. Exposing your DVD player or monitor to extremely high or low temperatures may cause the DVD player to malfunction.

Question 12: How do I adjust settings?

[ Edited ]

Note: You can adjust settings using the remote control or buttons on the DVD player. To change parental control settings, you must use the remote control. See Question 13 for more parental control information.

To adjust your DVD player settings:

1. If a disk is playing, press STOP twice.
  2. Press SETUP. The General Setup Page opens and General is highlighted.
  3. Press ◄ or ► to select the menu page you want, then press ENTER or OK.
  4. Press ▲ or ▼ to select an option, then press ENTER or OK to open the sub-menu.
  5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select an option, then press ENTER or OKto confirm your selection.
    OR
    Press ◄ or ► to adjust the screen Brightness, Contrast, Hue, or Saturation, then press ENTER or OKto confirm your selection.
  6. To go to a previous menu, press ◄.
  7. Repeat steps 2 – 4 to change other menu options.

Question 13: How do I use parental controls?

Note: You must have the remote control to change parental control settings.

To set parental controls:

1. Make sure that the disc tray is empty.
  2. Press SETUP. The General Setup Page opens.
  3. Press ◄ or ► to enter the Preference Page, then press ENTER.
  4. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Parental, then press ENTER.
  5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select the rating you want to block. The rating you select and all higher ratings are blocked. You can select:
    • KID SAFE (All children)
    • G (General audiences)
    • PG (Parental guidance suggested)
    • PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned)
    • P-GR (Parents very strongly cautioned)
    • R (Restricted)
    • NC-17 (No one under 17)
    • ADULT (Adults only) (factory default)
  6. Press ENTER, then enter the password. The default password is 3308.

Question 14: What should I do if I forgot my password?

[ Edited ]

Note: You must have the remote control to enter the password.

• If you change the default password, then forget your password, enter 3308.
    OR
    Reset the DVD player back to factory defaults. See Question 23 for more information.

Question 15: Why is my DVD player clicking?

• Your DVD player may click as it attempts to read a disc. Make sure that you press STOP twice before opening the DVD player lid.

Question 16: How do I view photos on my DVD player?

[ Edited ]
  • Save your photos as JPEG files on a compatible disc. See Question 4 for a list of compatible discs.

Question 17: What should I do if my remote control is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • The battery may be dead. Replace the remote control battery. See Question 18 for more information.
  • Make sure that nothing is blocking the IR sensor.
  • Make sure that you point the remote directly at the IR sensor and that you are within 10 feet of it.

Question 18: How do I replace my remote control battery?

1. To remove the battery compartment, push the tab over while pulling out the tray.
  2. Remove the old battery and insert a new CR2025 battery (or equivalent) into the battery compartment. Make sure that the + and – symbols on the battery match the + and – symbols in the battery compartment.
  3. Replace the battery compartment.

Question 19: What should I do if the sound is not loud enough, distorted, or not playing?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that all cables are correct and secure.
  • Adjust the volume level of the DVD player or monitor by rotating the volume control on the right side of your DVD player or monitor.
  • Use headphones (included) to listen to your disc.
  • Your headphones may be damaged. Try a different set of headphones.
  • If you want external sound, make sure that headphones are not plugged in. When headphones are plugged in, the internal speakers are turned off.
  • If your DVD player is connected to a TV or monitor, turn up the volume using the controls on the TV or monitor.
  • Make sure that the disc is compatible with your DVD player. See Question 4 for a list of compatible discs.
  • If your DVD player is connected to a TV or monitor, see Question 10.