Question 10: What should I do if my remote control is not working?

• Make sure that the converter box is turned on.
  • Make sure that the sensors on the converter box and remote control are not blocked.
  • Your remote control batteries may be dead. Replace them with new batteries.

Question 11: What should I do if I have poor picture quality or no picture?

[ Edited ]
  • If a signal is too weak, the picture may disappear. Check the antenna signal strength by pressing MENU, select Settings, then Antenna.
  • Some antennas may work better with your location than others. See Question 3 for information about selecting an antenna.
  • Make sure that all cables are connected correctly and securely.
  • If you have an indoor antenna, move it around the room, then scan for channels until you find the best reception location. See Question 4 for information on antenna placement and Question 6 for instructions on scanning for channels.
  • Some household electronics (such as cordless phones or fluorescent lighting) may interfere with your antenna’s reception. Move your antenna farther away from devices that may cause interference.
  • Reception can vary by channel, depending on the location and broadcast power level of a station. Consider upgrading your antenna.

Question 12: What should I do if the picture is not filling my TV screen?

Older (analog) TVs have a standard 4:3 aspect ratio, but many digital channels and movies are presented in wide screen (16:9). Make sure that your converter box is set to the aspect ratio that matches your TV.

To change the aspect ratio:

1. Press MENU, select AV Settings, then select Video.
  2. Select the aspect ratio you want, then press OK. You can select:
    • WIDE – View content recorded in a 16:9 (wide-screen) aspect ratio.
    • NORMAL – Display a 16:9 picture in the 4:3 aspect ratio.
    • ZOOM – Zoom in on the picture.
    • STRETCH – Squeeze a 16:9 picture onto a 4:3 screen.
  3. Press MENU to exit the on-screen menu.

Question 13: What should I do if there is static?

[ Edited ]
  • Move your antenna to the best reception location. See Question 4 for information on antenna placement.
  • Some household electronics (such as cordless phones or fluorescent lighting) may interfere with your antenna’s reception. Move your antenna farther way from devices that may cause interference.
  • Use the shortest amount of coaxial cable possible between your antenna and converter box.
  • Consider upgrading your antenna. See Question 3 for information on selecting an antenna.

Question 14: What should I do if I have no sound or cannot adjust the sound on any channel?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your TV is not muted.
  • Make sure that your converter box is not muted. Press the mute button on your converter box’s remote control.
    Note: “MUTE” will appear on your TV when the converter box is muted.
  • Use the controls on your TV to adjust the volume. If the volume changes, the problem may be with your TV remote control. See Question 10 for more information.
  • Make sure that the antenna signal strength is adequate. Press MENU, select Settings, then Antenna.
  • Make sure that the converter box is connected correctly and securely to your TV and antenna.

Question 15: What does a converter box do?

• Full-power TV broadcasters are now transmitting in digital instead of analog to provide better picture and sound with less static and interference. If you have an older (analog) TV, it cannot receive these digital signals. The converter box receives the digital signals from TV broadcasters and converts it so your TV can display the picture and play the sound.

Question 16: How do I reset the converter box?

1. Press MENU, then select Settings, then select System Reset.
  2. Enter your password or the default password (1234), then select RESET. Your converter box is reset back to factory defaults.

Question 17: What does the indicator light mean?

• The indicator on the front of the converter box lights when your converter box is turned on.
    • Red – Your converter box is in standby or pass-through mode.
    • Green – Your converter box is ready to use.

Question 18: Where can I get more information about the converter box?

• Refer to your User Guide on the Insignia website (insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-DXA2” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.

Question 19: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

• You can find more information about your warranty in your User Guide or on the Insignia website (insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-DXA2” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.