Insignia Support
Insignia Support

How do I update the firmware or make sure I have the most up-to-date firmware?

How do I update the firmware or make sure I have the most up-to-date firmware?

• Firmware updates are not available for this model.

Insignia Support

How do I adjust the resolution of my Blu-ray DVD player?

How do I adjust the resolution of my Blu-ray DVD player?

• The player must be on but not playing a disc.
• What type of connection are you using with your player?

To adjust HDMI resolution:

Press the HDMI button repeatedly to choose from:
  • 480P – 480 progressive
  • 720P – 720 progressive
  • 1080i – 1080 interlaced
  • 1080p – 1080 progressive
  • 1080p24 – 1080 progressive 24 frame

NOTE: You will only be able to select the video resolution that is supported by the connected TV unless you are using a HDMI-DVI cable.

To adjust Component resolution:

1. Press SETUP.
2. Press ▲ or ▼ to select (Custom Menu), then press ENTER. The Custom menu opens.
3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select VIDEO, then press ENTER. The Video menu opens.
4. Press ▲ or ▼ to select Component Output, then press ENTER. The Component Output menu opens.
5. Press ▲ or ▼ to select your desired resolution, then press ENTER.
6. Press SETUP to close the menu.

NOTE: You will only be able to select the video resolution that is supported by the connected TV.

Insignia Support

I am having issues with the image when using my Blu-ray DVD player.

I am having issues with the image when using my Blu-ray DVD player.

• Make sure the disc you are attempting to play is compatible with your player. This player supports Blu-ray region code A and DVD region codes 1 and All.
  - The region codes are printed on the back of a DVD package, superimposed on a small image of the globe.
• Make sure your cables are connected correctly and securely to the jacks on the TV and player.
• The cables you are using may be bad, try a new set.
• Other devices (e.g., surround sound receiver, external speakers, fans, etc) may be interfering with your Blu-ray DVD player. Try turning one device off at a time to determine which device is causing the interference.
  - Once you have determined which device is causing interference, please move it further from the DVD player to eliminate the interference.

Insignia Support

My Blu-ray DVD player will not play any type of disc.

My Blu-ray DVD player will not play any type of disc.

• Is the DVD loading properly in the DVD player?
• Is there an error message appearing on the TV screen?
  - If the error message says, “Disc Error – Please eject the disc. Playback feature may not be available on this disc.” – the datatype on the DVD is not compatible with the player. You will not be able to play this disc on your DVD player.
• If there is no error message, try playing another Blu-ray disc.
  - If neither of the Blu-ray discs work, the DVD player should be returned to the store.

Insignia Support

My Blu-ray DVD player is not working at all.

My Blu-ray DVD player is not working at all.

• Unplug the power cord, wait 60 seconds, plug the cord back in again, then turn on your player.
• Try plugging the player into another outlet.
• Other devices (e.g., surround sound receiver, external speakers, fans, etc) may be interfering with your player. Try turning one device off at a time to determine which device is causing the interference.
  - Once you have determined which device is causing interference, please move it further from the DVD player to eliminate the interference.

Insignia Support

I am programming my universal remote, what code is needed so I can use it with my Blu-ray DVD player?

I am programming my universal remote, what code is needed so I can use it with my Blu-ray DVD player?

• The remote codes for this Insignia Blu-ray DVD player are the same as those used for Sylvania Blu-ray DVD players.

Insignia Support

How do I setup my Blu-ray DVD player with my TV?

[ Edited ]

How do I setup my Blu-ray DVD player with my TV?

Make sure that your TV and player are off.

Do you need help selecting the best connection?
• To get the best digital audio and picture, use an HDMI connection.
• Component is the 2nd best followed by Composite cables (RCA Cables, A/V Cables).

What type of cable are you using?

HDMI

1. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT jack on the back of your player.
2. Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI IN jack on the TV.

NOTE: If you are using an HDMI connection, you do not need to make audio connections. The HDMI connection carries both audio and video.

Component Video Cables are red, green and blue. The audio cables will be red and white.

1. Connect one end of a component video cable (Red, Green, and Blue) to the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks on the back of your player.
2. Connect the other end of the component cable to the COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks on the TV.
3. Connect one end of the standard audio cable (Red and White) to the AUDIO OUT L/R jacks on the back of your player.
4. Connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN L/R jacks on the TV.

Composite (A/V Cables, RCA Cables) have a yellow video cable, and red and white audio cables.

1. Connect one end of the standard video cable (Yellow) to the VIDEO OUT jack on the back of your player.
2. Connect the other end of the video cable to the VIDEO IN jack on the TV.
3. Connect one end of the standard audio cable (Red and White) to the AUDIO OUT L/R jacks on the back of your player.
4. Connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN L/R jacks on the TV.

When you are ready to begin watching DVDs, please make sure you press the Source/Input button your TV remote and select the input that corresponds with the type of cable connection you used to connect your Blu-ray DVD player to your TV.

Insignia Support

My HDMI jack is not working.

My HDMI jack is not working.

• Make sure your cables are connected correctly and securely to the jacks on the TV and player.
• The cables you are using may be bad, try a new set.
• If possible, try the HDMI cable on another HDMI device.
• Do you have the correct input selected on your TV?
  - Press the Source/Input button on the TV remote to select the HDMI input.
• Try connecting the player via the included composite cables.
  - Connect one end of the standard video cable (Yellow) to the VIDEO OUT jack on the back of your player.
  - Connect the other end of the video cable to the VIDEO IN jack on the TV.
  - Connect one end of the standard audio cable (Red and White) to the AUDIO OUT L/R jacks on the back of your player.
  - Connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN L/R jacks on the TV.

NOTE: If the composite connection works, but the HDMI does not, please return the player to the store.

Insignia Support

When can I get more information about this Blu-ray DVD player?

When can I get more information about this Blu-ray DVD player?

• Refer to your manual or the Insignia Website: www.insignia-products.com/p-346-insignia-blu-ray-disc-player-with-1080p-output.aspx