10: I receive an internal error message when trying to update my firmware.

·         The following error messages may appear:

o    999: The update process failed for an unexpected reason.

§  Try to update your firmware again.

o    2000: Invalid firmware update image.

§  This most likely occurred because the update image on your USB memory stick or data CD is for a different model Blu-ray player.

§  Please see Question 8 on 4.

o    3000: Corrupted firmware update image.

§  This typically occurs because the update image on your USB memory stick or data CD was corrupted while being downloaded from the Internet, or written to a USB memory stick or CD.

o    10000 – 10099: Your player was not able to connect to the update server or no update file was available.

§  Try updating your player again at a later time.

o    11000 – 11099: Your player was not able to connect to the update server or no update file was available.

§  Try updating your player again at a later time.

o    12000: Either the update .iso image is corrupted or there was an internal file system error on the USB memory stick.

o    13000: The update failed because the date of the update software is earlier than the firmware already on your player.

§  Updating to or rolling back to an older version of software is not allowed.

o    17000: There was an error while writing the update software.

11: Where can I find basic specifications or information on my player?

12: Does 24p playback on my player work with standard DVDs?

·         The 24p playback will only work if the DVD content and the TV support this feature. Please refer to your DVD and TV documentation.

13: My player stops playing half-way through an MKV file.

• There is limited support for MKV files. Not all MKV files will play on your player.

14: My audio keeps going in and out.

• Make sure your cables are connected correctly to the jacks on your player and TV or receiver.

• Try another similar disc to determine if your Blu-ray disc or DVD is defective or not compatible.

• The audio cables you are using may be bad, try a new set.

15: My picture flickers or becomes distorted when I use 1080p resolution over an HDMI connection with my player.

• Make sure you have the most up-to-date firmware. If you need help on how to update your firmware, please refer to Question 8 on page 4.

• Try a different HDMI port on your TV or receiver.

• The HDMI cable you are using may be bad, try another HDMI cable.

• Try turning film mode off.

1.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select Settings.

2.     Press ENTER. The Settings menu opens.

3.     Press or to select Display, then press ENTER. The Display menu opens.

4.     Press or to select Film Mode (1080p24), then press ENTER.

5.     Press or to select Off.

6.     Press to go to the previous menu.

• Try resetting your player to factory settings.

1.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select Settings, then press ENTER. The Settings menu opens.

2.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select System, then press ENTER. The System menu opens.

3.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select Restore Factory settings, then press ENTER. A message appears with a warning.

4.     Select OK, then press ENTER to close the message box. The Restore factory defaults dialog box appears.

5.     Select Restore factory settings.

• It is possible your TV is not compatible with a 1080p analog signal that is being sent by the player. Change the player’s resolution to a lower display resolution to match your TV’s capability.

1.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select Settings, then press ENTER. The Settings menu opens.

2.     Press or to select Display, then press ENTER. The Display menu opens.

3.     Press or to select Resolution, then press ENTER.

4.     Press or to select your desired resolution, then press ENTER.

5.     Press to go to the previous menu.

16: I see snow when I attempt to fast-forward movies or change menus using an HDMI connection.

• It is possible your TV is not compatible with the signal being sent to the player through the HDMI cable. Try the player and HDMI cable with another TV.

• Try using component cables rather than and HDMI cable.

17: How do I adjust the resolution of my player?

·         The player must be on but on playing a disc, CinemaNow, connected media, etc.

·         To adjust the resolution:

2.     Press or to select Display, then press ENTER. The Display menu opens.

3.     Press or to select Resolution, then press ENTER.

4.     Press or to choose from:

§  HDMI Auto – Your player will automatically select the best output resolution based on the information exchanged between your TV and your player over the HDMI cable.

§  1080p – Choose this option if you have an HDTV capable of 1080p and it connected to your player via an HDMI cable.

§  1080i – Choose this option if your HDTV is only capable of 1080i.

§  720p – Choose this option if your HDTV is only capable of 720p.

§  480p – Choose this option if your TV is an EDTV (enhanced-definition TV).

§  480i – Choose this option if your TV is a standard-definition TV.

5.     Press ENTER to select the resolution.

18: How do I connect to Netflix?

• Connect your player to the Internet. If you need help setting up your Internet connection, please refer to Question 3 on page 2.

• To access Netflix:

1.     Press ▲ or ▼ to select Netflix, then press ENTER to register your player with your Netflix account. Follow the directions on your TV screen. You will be provided with an activation code.

2.     If you have a Netflix account, log in to your account on your PC. Click on the Your Account & Help link in the upper right corner of the screen.

a.     In the WATCHING INSTANTLY ON YOUR TV OR COMPUTER section, click Activate a Netflix Ready Device and enter the activation code from Step 1.

OR

If you do not have an existing Netflix account, got to http://www.netflix.com/insignia to start your free trial and enter the activation code from Step 1 into the Insignia code field on the screen.

3.     After setting up your account and activating your Blu-ray player, browse to Instant under the Your Queue tab and add movies to the queue.

4.     To exit Netflix on your player, press Home/Setup.

19: My player is stuck on Netflix’s Instant Queue. I am unable to navigate Netflix but I am able to exit the Netflix application.

• Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it may take awhile for Netflix to load.

• Make sure you have movies added to your Netflix Instant Queue.

• Make sure you are using your player’s remote and the arrow keys to navigate Netflix.

• If you continue to experience issues, please contact Netflix at www.netflix.com/help or call 866-579-7113.