Insignia Support

Insignia DVD Players FAQs

[ Edited ]

These are the official Insignia FAQs. Keep in mind that some FAQs may apply to specific models.

If you cannot find a feature mentioned in the FAQs, make sure that feature is available in your product by checking the Product Specifications and User's Manual.

If you would like to request a specific FAQ please leave us a comment in the Suggest an FAQ board.

FAQs:

Can I play DVD Discs from a Region/Zone other than Region/Zone 1 on my Insignia DVD Players?

Can I remove the Region/Zone lock?

Whenever I try to listen to the radio I get alot of static, why is that?

I recently recorded a DVD recordable/rewritable disc on one of my recorders

What is Upconversion? Is it automatic, or do I have to enable it?

What is progressive scan and what can I do with it?

Insignia Support

Can I play DVD Discs from a Region/Zone other than Region/Zone 1 on my Insignia DVD Players?

[ Edited ]

Since our products are sold mainly in the US and Canada, all of our DVD Players are Region/Zone 1 (one).

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

No, removing or bypassing such protection is considered illegal and will void the DVD Player's warranty.

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

Make sure the antenna is extended to its maximum. Also, make sure there's no device or power outlet near the antenna. Try moving the antenna to an open space.

Insignia Support

I recently recorded a DVD recordable/rewritable disc on one of my recorders

[ Edited ]

I recently recorded a DVD recordable/rewritable disc on one of my recorders and when I try to play it on my Insignia DVD player it won´t play. Is there a special setting on the DVD unit that I have to set?

Please check the compatible discs at the beginning or end of the User's Manual. Most of our players can read all DVD Discs (DVD-R/W; DVD+R/W; DVD-ROM; Dual Layer). For DVD-RW, make sure you have recorded the disc in a standard DVD Video mode (most DVD Players cannot read DVDs recorded in VR mode).

Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

Upconversion is a feature that converts a lower resolution content into a signal that the display device (i.e. TV) will handle as high definition content. Keep in mind that the resultant output quality of the video displayed may or may not be improved.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

[ Edited ]

A progressive scan DVD player is a DVD player that can output video in a progressive scan format such as 480p or 720p. Players which can output resolutions higher than 480p are often called upconverting DVD players.
To utilize this feature, a TV or other display with a progressive scan input was needed. HDTVs usually have a progressive scan input; progressive scan inputs are less common on standard definition TVs (often called SDTVs.).
Progressive scan players can not use standard RCA terminated cable such as that used for composite video and S-Video. One of the four following methods is common: VGA, Component, DVI or HDMI.