Insignia Support

1: How do I setup my player?

[ Edited ]

1. Install the remote battery.

1. Open the battery compartment of the remote control.
  2. Insert the battery, making sure that the + and – on the battery is aligned with the + and – symbols in the battery compartment.
  3. Replace the battery compartment cover.
  4. Disconnect the AC adapter.
  5. Turn the player upside down
  6. Insert the battery pack’s catches into the corresponding holes on the left side of the player, then press the battery pack down until it clicks into place.
  7. Connect the AC adapter into the DC IN jack on the left side of your player.
  8. Connect the other end of the AC adapter into a 110 V power outlet.

1. Attach the battery pack to the player.

1. Connect the AC adapter.

NOTE: Always turn off your player before you disconnect the AC adapter, or you may damage your player.

1. Power on your player.

1. Open your player.
  2. Press the POWER button on the lower right hand corner of your player  to turn on your player

Insignia Support

2: How do I play a disc?

1. Turn on your player.
    2. Press the open button on the lower left hand corner of your player to open the disc tray.
    3. Place the disc, label side up, into the disc tray.
    4. Press the disc tray cover down to close the tray.
    5. Press the ►/ to start disc playback.
Insignia Support

3: How do I connect my player to a TV?

[ Edited ]

1. Turn off your player (leaving the player on while connecting cables may damage the player).
  2. Connect the mini AV connector into the AV OUT jack on the right side of your player.
  3. Connect the connectors on an RCA cable (not included) into the connectors on the other end of the supplied A/V cable. Make sure the colors on the connectors match.
  4. Connect the other ends of the RCA cable into the A/V jacks on the TV or monitor.

• The white connector goes into the white AUDIO IN L jack on the TV.
  • The red connector goes into the red AUDIO IN R jack on the TV.
  • The yellow connector goes into the yellow VIDEO IN jack on the TV.

Insignia Support

4: How do I connect my player to a TV and an audio receiver

[ Edited ]

• When using a COAXIAL cable:

1. Turn off your player (leaving the player on while connecting cables may damage the player).
  2. Connect the mini AV connector into the AV OUT jack on the right side of your player.
  3. Connect the connectors on an RCA cable (not included) into the connectors on the other end of the supplied A/V cable. Make sure the colors on the connectors match.
  4. Take the other end of the RCA cable and connect the yellow connector to the VIDEO IN jack on the TV.

NOTE: The red and white ends of the RCA cable are not used when using a coaxial cable.

1. Connect your player to your receiver using the COAXIAL OUT jack on your player.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the COAXIAL IN on your receiver.
  3. Turn off the player before removing cables to avoid damaging your player

• When using only RCA audio cables:

4. Take the other end of the RCA cable and connect the yellow connector to the VIDEO IN jack on the TV.
  5. Connect the red connector into the red AUDIO IN R jack in the receiver.
  6. Connect the white connector into the white AUDIO IN L jack in the receiver.
  7. Turn off the player before removing cables to avoid damaging your player.

Insignia Support

5: How do I connect headphones?

1. Turn off your player (leaving the player on while connecting headphones may damage the player).
    2. Connect the headphones into the PHONE 1 or PHONE 2 jack on the right side of your player.
    3. Turn off the player before removing headphones to avoid damaging your player.

NOTE: When headphones are connected, no audio will be heard through player speakers.

Insignia Support

6: How do I charge my player?

[ Edited ]
  1. Turn the player off. The battery pack charges only when the power is turned OFF.

NOTE: Make sure the battery is installed in the player.

1. Connect the AC adapter to the player.
  • When the battery is charging, the indicator light turns orange.
  • When the charging is completed, the indicator light turns off.
  1. While charging is in progress, do not disconnect the AC adapter until the indicator light turns off. The charging time of the battery pack is approximately 4.5 hours for NS-P8DVD and 5.5 hours for NS-P10DVD.

NOTE: Charging time may depend on environmental conditions.

1. For issues with power refer to Question 15 on page 5.

Insignia Support

7: How do I setup parental controls?

[ Edited ]

1. Make sure that:

• The disc tray is opened.
  • Or, the disc tray is empty.
  • Or, your player is in stop mode.

1. Press SETUP. The SETUP MENU opens.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ to select PREFERENCES, then press OK. The PREFERNCE PAGE opens.
  3. Press▼ to select Parental. If this section is greyed, parental controls are turned on. You must first set PW Mode to Off in PASSWORD SETUP. The default password is 99999.
  4. Press , then press ▼ to select the rating you want to block. The rating you select and all higher ratings will be blocked. You will need to enter your password to watch a DVD with a blocked rating. Rating categories are as follows:

• KID SAFE (All children)
  • G (General audiences)
  • PG (Parental guidance suggested)
  • PG-13 (Parents strongly cautioned)
  • P-GR (Parents very strongly cautioned)
  • R (Restricted)
  • NC-17 (No one under 17)
  • ADULT (Adults only) (factory default)

1. Press ►/ .

Insignia Support

8: How do I turn parental controls on or off?

[ Edited ]

2. Press ▼ to select PASSWORD SETUP, then press OK. The PASSWORD SETUP PAGE opens.
  3. Press , then press ▼ and select either Off or On to turn the PW MODE Off or On. If PW MODE is set to On, you are prompted to enter the password.

NOTE: The default password is 99999.

Insignia Support

9: How do I change the password for the parental controls?

[ Edited ]

2. Press ▼ to select PASSWORD SETUP, then press OK. The PASSWORD SETUP PAGE opens.
  3. Press ▼, then press and select Change.
  4. Enter the current password, enter the new password, then enter the new password again. Press OK to save your new password.

NOTE: The default password is 99999.

1. If you forget your password, use the default password.