10: When is new firmware available?

• The most up-to-date firmware is available by using your player’s Internet connection to download or your computer and saving the file to a USB flash drive.

• If your player is connected to the Internet, a message box will appear in the lower right corner of the main menu to notify you of firmware updates.

11: I receive an internal error message when trying to update my firmware.

• Most likely your player has hardware issues. Please take your player, with your receipt, to Best Buy so a Geek Squad Technician can assist you further.

12: Where can I find basic specifications or information on my player?

13: Does 24p playback on my player work with standard DVDs?

·         The 24p playback will only work if the DVD content and the TV support this feature. Please refer to your DVD and TV documentation.

14: My player keeps showing a connecting/disconnecting message while I am watching Blu-rays or DVDs. How do I shut this off?

• It appears that you are having connection issues with your player. The signal strength is not strong enough or you may have another device, like a cordless phone, that could be causing interference.

·         Try placing the router closer to your player.

OR

Connect your player with a wired Ethernet connection to your router.

OR

Move any devices that could be causing interference.

·         Keep in mind that if you have your player in an enclosed cabinet this can also cause poor signal reception.

·         Perform a network test. Please refer to Question 6 on page 4 for steps and more information.

15: My player will not play any type of disc.

·         Is the disc loading properly in the player?

·         If the disc type cannot be detected by the player, the player will eject the disc.

·         If the disc cannot be detected a “No disc” message will appear.

·         If the disc can be loaded and played, an icon will appear briefly in the upper right corner to show the type of disc being loaded.

·         If the player continues to not play any disc type, please return the player to the store.

16: My player is not working at all.

·         Unplug the power cord, wait 60 seconds, plug the cord back in again, then turn on your player.

·         Try plugging the player into another outlet.

·         Other devices (e.g., surround sound receiver, external speakers, fans, etc) may be interfering with your player. Try turning one device off at a time to determine which device is causing the interference.

o        Once you have determined which device is causing interference, please move it further from the TV to eliminate the interference.

·         If this troubleshooting does not work, please take your player, with your receipt, to Best Buy so a Geek Squad Technician can assist you further.

17: My player stops playing half-way through an MKV file.

• There is limited support for MKV files. Not all MKV files will play on your player.

18: My audio keeps going in and out.

• Make sure your connections are connected correctly to the jacks on your player and TV or receiver.

• Try another similar disc to determine if your Blu-ray disc or DVD is defective or not compatible.

• The audio cables you are using may be bad, try a new set.

19: My picture flickers when I use 1080p resolution over an HDMI connection with my player.

• Update the firmware on your player. If you need help on how to update your firmware, please refer to Question 9 on page 5.

• Try a different HDMI port on your TV or receiver.

• The HDMI cable you are using may be bad, try another HDMI cable.

• Try turning film mode off.

1.       Press ▲ or ▼ to select Settings, then press ENTER. The Settings menu opens.

2.       Press or to select Display, then press ENTER. The Display menu opens.

3.       Press or to select Film Mode (1080p24), then press ENTER.

4.       Press or to select Off.

5.       Press to go to the previous menu.

• It is possible your TV is not compatible with a 1080p analog signal that is being sent by the player. Change the player’s resolution to 1080i.

1.       Press ▲ or ▼ to select Settings, then press ENTER. The Settings menu opens.

2.       Press or to select Display, then press ENTER. The Display menu opens.

3.       Press or to select Resolution, then press ENTER.

4.       Press or to select 1080i, then press ENTER.

5.       Press to go to the previous menu.