Insignia Support

Why is my picture not filling the screen? Why do I have black bars around my picture?

[ Edited ]

Why is my picture not filling the screen? Why do I have black bars around my picture?

This is due to the aspect ratio. Older, analog TVs have a standard 4:3 aspect ratio, but an increasing amount of digital TV and movies is presented in wide screen (16:9). Make sure that your converter box is set to the aspect ratio that matches your TV. Devices connected to standard TVs should be set to 4:3.

To set the aspect ratio, perform the following steps:

1.Press MENU on the remote. The menu system opens.
2.Press ▼ to highlight OPTION. Press ► to go to the options menu.
3.Press ▼until TV Aspect Ratio is highlighted. Press ► to go to the TV aspect ratio menu.
4.Press ▼or ▲ to select Normal TV (4:3) or Wide TV (16:9). Press to select your aspect ratio.
5.Press EXIT to close the menu system.

• To change the appearance of the screen, cycle through these four option using the "Zoom" button on the remoteSmiley Frustratedet by program: Sets the aspect ratio as the channel is broadcasted.

• 16:9: Keeps wide-screen programs in their original form, but adds black bars on both the top and bottom of the picture.
  • 4:3: Doesn't remove any part of the picture, but distorts the aspect ratio, making people look tall and skinny.
  • Zoom: Maintains the proper aspect ratio, but crops out the right and left sides of the picture.

Insignia Support

I am programming my universal remote, what code is needed?

[ Edited ]

I am programming my universal remote, what code is needed?

To program a universal remote control:

1. Turn on your converter box.
2. Find the program code for LG or Zenith set-top boxes in the documentation that came with the universal remote control.
3. Follow the instructions that came with the universal remote control to enter the manufacturer code for an LG or Zenith set-top box.

Insignia Support

Is the converter box compatible with cable and/or the cable coming from my wall?

[ Edited ]

I have a cable or satellite provider, will the converter box work with that service? Is the converter box compatible with cable and/or the cable coming from my wall?

• The converter box only works with an antenna. It will not work with cable or satellite providers. Contact your cable or satellite provider for a cable or satellite box that will act as a converter box.

Insignia Support

Where can I find more information about the government rebate?

[ Edited ]

Where can I find more information about the government rebate?

https://www.dtv2009.gov/

Insignia Support

How do I reset the converter box?

[ Edited ]

How do I reset the converter box?

1. Press MENU. The menu system opens. Press ▼ to highlight Setup. Press > to go to the setup menu.
2. Press ▼ until Install Guide is highlighted. Press ► to go to begin the install guide. The WELCOME screen opens.
3. Press ►. The Menu Language screen opens.
4. Press ▼or ▲ to select the menu language (English, Spanish, or French), then press ►. The TV Aspect Ratio screen opens.
5. Press ▼ or ▲ to select the aspect for your TV, then press ►. If the TV has a standard (normal) screen size, select Normal 6. TV. If the TV has wide size screen, select Wide TV.
7. The Searching for Channels screen opens.
8. Press to start the channel search. Your converter box searches for available channels in your area and stores them in memory.

Insignia Support

I'm getting a lot of static noise

[ Edited ]

I'm getting a lot of static noise.

• Check volume levels.
• Check antenna signal strength by pressing the SIGNAL button on the remote.
• Make sure that your converter box is connected correctly. Connect the supplied audio cable to the R AUDIO and L AUDIO jacks on the back of your converter box, connect the supplied video cable to the VIDEO jack on the back of your converter box, then connect the other ends of the cables to the corresponding jacks on the back of the TV. This connection provides the best picture and sound.
• If an RF cable connection between the converter box and TV is necessary, perform the following steps to minimize the amount of static noise.

1. Set the TV volume to mid-range.
2. Change the audio output on the converter box from stereo to mono.
  a. Press MENU. The menu system opens. Press ▼ to highlight Option. Press ► to go to the options menu.
  b. Press ▼ until Audio Output is highlighted. Press ► to go to the audio menu.
  c. Press ▼ to select Mono audio. Press to change the audio output to mono.
  d. Press EXIT to close the menu system.
3. Use the converter box remote to adjust the volume level.

• If you're getting marginal reception of digital signals, both the picture and sound might freeze or break up to the point that it's not watchable. If you're really on the fringes-either too far from a tower or with too many obstacles in the way-you'll see a black screen that says "Weak or no signal."

Insignia Support

What do the different colored lights on the front of the box mean?

What do the different colored lights on the front of the box mean?

• The power indicator light illuminates when the converter box is plugged in.

- Red = Standby mode
- Blue = On
- Blinking = Receiving remote control signal

Insignia Support

My analog channels are missing. Can I view those channels through my converter box?

[ Edited ]

My analog channels are missing. Can I view those channels through my converter box?

• Yes, you can view analog channels with a converter box connected to your TV however the converter box must be shut off. You will use your TV remote to change channels.

Insignia Support

I selected the correct time zone but the time is incorrect

[ Edited ]

I selected the correct time zone but the time is incorrect.

• The time is retrieved from the broadcaster and cannot be set manually. Contact the broadcaster (channel service provider) for more information.

Insignia Support

Why can't I adjust the sound or why am I not getting any sound on any channel?

[ Edited ]

Why can't I adjust the sound or why am I not getting any sound on any channel?

• Check volume levels.
• Make sure the TV sound is not muted.
• Check antenna signal strength by pressing the SIGNAL button on the remote.

• Make sure that your converter box is connected correctly.