Insignia Support

My GPS receiver will not connect to the satellite.

[ Edited ]

My GPS receiver will not connect to the satellite.

• The satellite reception may be blocked by tall buildings or a metal enclosure.
• Make sure the GPS is located in an open area with a clear view of the sky.
• Static or other external interference may cause the GPS to malfunction.

Press the reset button or unplug the GPS, then plug it back in to reset it.

Insignia Support

Can I search for points of interest?

[ Edited ]

Can I search for points of interest?

Yes, you can search for points of interest.

1.On the Home screen, touch the Go to … button. The main menu opens.
2. Touch the Browse button to view restaurants, lodging, things to do, public services, gas prices, etc. The browse screen opens.
3. Touch the category you want, for example Food. A list of food specialties opens.
4. Touch the type of food you want. The Search is in screen opens showing cities to which you have recently created routes.
5. Touch the city you want to search to view the list of restaurants. A list of restaurants fitting the criteria you selected opens.
6. Touch the name of the restaurant you like. The address card for the restaurant opens.
7. Touch Go to navigate to your selected destination or you can touch the back arrow to return to the list of restaurants and choose another.
8. The information retrieved by your GPS is based on conducting a search via Google.com.
9. It will find the same information as it would produce when conducting a Google search on the internet.

Note: Not all information is available on Google, but the information produced by the GPS is the most up to date information available.

Insignia Support

How much is the service to continue using Google search, real time traffic, etc.?

[ Edited ]

How much is the service to continue using Google search, real time traffic, etc.?

The service is free for the first year. Annual subscriptions of $99 will be available thereafter.

Insignia Support

How do I set my home address?

[ Edited ]

How do I set my home address?

1. On the Home screen, touch the Go to … button. The main menu opens.
2. Touch Go Home. The Home is not yet save screen opens.
3. Touch Type address to enter a state, city, house number, and street as your home.
4. When the address card opens with your home address, touch Save at the bottom of the screen.  
5. Touch the home screen button or the back arrow to exit this screen and continue your route creation.

Insignia Support

Can I change the voice on my GPS?

[ Edited ]

Can I change the voice on my GPS?

No, it is not possible to change the voice on your GPS.

Insignia Support

Can I change the language on my GPS?

[ Edited ]

Can I change the language on my GPS?

Currently English is the only available language. 

Insignia Support

How do I add a waypoint or more than one destination?

[ Edited ]

How do I add a waypoint or more than one destination?

It is not possible to add a waypoint or more than one destination.

Insignia Support

How do I adjust the brightness of my screen?

[ Edited ]

How do I adjust the brightness of my screen?

To adjust the Brightness of the screen:

1. On the home screen, touch the Settings button in the upper right corner of the screen. The settings menu opens.
2. Touch the Brightness button. The brightness menu opens.
3. Touch the scale to adjust the brightness. You see a preview of the setting as you touch each level on the scale.
4. Touch the back arrow to save your change.

Insignia Support

Can I email a route from Google Maps to my GPS?

[ Edited ]

Can I email a route from Google Maps to my GPS?

Yes, you can email a route from Google Maps to your GPS.

To email a Google Maps route to your GPS:
1. Find the directions to your destination on Google Maps.
2. Click Send at the top right of the Google map. A window opens that lets you choose where you want to send the directions.
3. Select GPS, then select "Insignia" as the Brand.
4. Enter the email address that you assigned to your GPS device.
5. Click Send. After a few minutes your device notifies you that new addresses have arrived.
6. Touch Yes to view the new addresses. The address or addresses display on your Favorites list.
  OR

Touch No to return to the screen you were previously viewing.

To set up your GPS’s email address:

1. On the home screen, touch the Settings button in the upper right corner of the screen. The Settings menu opens.
2. Touch the @ Mail button. The E-mail address screen opens.
3. Touch Set. The Select an email id keypad opens.
4. Enter the E-mail ID you want to use. It should include 6 to 30 letters and numbers.
5. Touch Check at the bottom right of the keypad to see if the ID is available.
6. If it is, you receive a message: Checking availability… <YourID> is available.
7. Touch OK to return to the My E-mail Address setting screen, then touch the back arrow or the home screen button to exit the screen.
  • If you have not used enough characters for your ID, you receive a message: Check availability… Letters num between 6 and 30.
8. Touch OK to return to the keypad and enter another ID, then touch Check.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

The GPS is not finding all the restaurants in my area.

[ Edited ]

The GPS is not finding all the restaurants in my area.

The information retrieved by your GPS is based on conducting a search via Google.com. It will find the same information as it would produce when conducting a Google search on the internet. Not all information is available on Google, but the information produced by the GPS is the most up to date information available.