03-23-2009 11:31 AM - edited 07-20-2010 12:09 PM
These are the official Insignia FAQs. Keep in mind that some FAQs may apply to specific models.
If you cannot find a feature mentioned in the FAQs, make sure that feature is available in your product by checking the Product Specifications and User's Manual.
If you would like to request a specific FAQ please leave us a comment in the Suggest an FAQ board.
03-23-2009 11:31 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:36 PM
How do I pair my phone with my GPS unit?
1. Touch the Phone button on the home screen. A message displays "Your phone is not set up. Set up now?" Touch Yes. Bluetooth settings screen opens.
2. Touch the green arrow on the right. The Bluetooth enable/disable screen opens.
3. Touch enable, then touch the back arrow at the bottom of the screen.
4. Touch PIN Number to display the keypad, then type your phone’s PIN number. Please refer to the manual that came with your cellular phone. The default PIN number for many Bluetooth devices is 0000.
5. Touch Save after you enter the number. The screen returns to the Bluetooth management screen. If you have not set your phone to pair with a Bluetooth device, the screen indicates "No phone connected."
6. Set your phone to scan for a Bluetooth device. It should indicate that it has found a Bluetooth device and the GPS device indicates that a phone is paired.
7. Touch OK to close this message and return to the Bluetooth management screen. The screen displays the name of the phone you paired.
8. Touch any button at the bottom to exit the screen and continue using the device.
03-23-2009 11:32 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:38 PM
How do I answer a call with my GPS when my phone is connected via Bluetooth?
When a call is received, an incoming call message displays showing the phone number.
• Touch the Phone alert which displays the incoming call information, then touch answer or ignore.
03-23-2009 11:33 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:38 PM
How do I place a call using my GPS when my phone is connected via Bluetooth?
• Touch the Phone button on the home screen. The dial keypad opens.
• Enter the phone number, then touch Call. Your phone dials the number.
03-23-2009 11:33 AM
Where can I get my maps updated? Does it cost anything?
• Updates are available in Best Buy stores at the Geek Squad bench. These updates will be available up to 4 times per year.
• Each quarter, a notice will be sent to your GPS device letting you know when the updates are available.
• Updates will be free for the first year. Annual subscriptions of $99 will be available after the first year is up.
• The annual subscription includes updated maps, Google search, real time traffic, etc.
03-23-2009 11:35 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:41 PM
Can I pause my route and return to it later?
Yes, you can pause a route and return to it later.
1. From the map view, tough the home screen button at the bottom of the screen.
2. When the Home screen opens, touch Stop.
3. To resume the route after stopping:
4. Touch Go to … on the Home screen, then touch Recent on the Main menu. A list of your recent addresses opens.
5. Touch the destination you want on the list. The address card for that destination opens.
6. Touch Go to start directions.
03-23-2009 11:35 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:42 PM
Does the car adapter charge the battery while the GPS unit is being used?
Yes, the car adapter charges the GPS’s battery.
03-23-2009 11:36 AM - edited 06-08-2010 01:42 PM
Will the GPS automatically recalculate my route if I deviate from the route?
Yes, the GPS automatically recalculates routes if you deviate from the suggested route.