Insignia Support

When is a map update available? Does it cost anything?

[ Edited ]

When is a map update available? Does it cost anything?

• A map update is currently being created for this GPS. When an update is available, you will find information about it on the Insignia website, http://insigniaproducts.com/products/car/NS-NAV01.html

Insignia Support

Are maps available for countries other than the United States?

[ Edited ]

Are maps available for countries other than the United States?

• No, this model only has maps available for the United States.

Insignia Support

Can I pause my route and return to it later?

[ Edited ]

Can I pause my route and return to it later?

1. Power the GPS Off.
2. When you are ready to return to the route, turn the GPS On.
3. Touch Go to on the Home screen, then touch Recent on the Main menu. A list of your recent addresses opens.
4. Touch the destination on the list.
5. When the address card for your destination opens, touch Go to start directions again. Your GPS starts directions from your current location.

Insignia Support

Will the GPS automatically recalculate my route if I deviate from the route?

[ Edited ]

Will the GPS automatically recalculate my route if I deviate from the route?

• Yes, the GPS automatically recalculates routes if you deviate from the suggested route.

Insignia Support

Can I search for points of interest?

[ Edited ]

Can I search for points of interest?

• Yes, you can search for points of interest.

1. Touch Browse on the Main menu to locate points of interest (POIs) such as restaurants, lodging, things to do, public services, and gas stations. A list of POIs opens.
2. Touch the category you want (for example, Food). The categories All Restaurants and Coffee/Tea displays.
3. Touch one of the choices. The Search is in screen lists the names of cities to which you have recently created routes.
4. Touch the city you want to search. A list of restaurants for that city opens. You can sort the list alphabetically from A to Z, by distance, or closest to farthest.
5. Touch the name of the restaurant you want. The address card for the restaurant opens.
6. Touch Go or Routes for directions. Or, touch the back arrow to return to the list of restaurants and choose another.

Insignia Support

How do I add a waypoint or more than one destination?

[ Edited ]

How do I add a waypoint or more than one destination?

• It is not possible to add a waypoint or more than one destination.

Insignia Support

How do I setup my GPS?

[ Edited ]

How do I setup my GPS?

• Have you tried using your quick setup guide to help you through this process? If more help is needed please follow the steps below.
• Fully charge the GPS battery before using it for the first time. It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the battery.
• Getting Started:

Using your GPS:
1. Turn on the GPS. When you turn it on for the first time, the Time zone screen opens
2. Touch the time zone where you are currently located, then touch OK. A splash screen appears.
3. To continue on to the device features, touch I Agree at the bottom right of the screen. The Home screen appears.

Using the Home screen:
• From the home screen you can see where you are, find a route to a place of interest, or change settings.
–To see where you are, touch Map.
  OR
To find a route:
1. Touch Go to. The Main menu opens.
2. Touch Address. A keypad opens.
3. Enter an address. The GPS automatically calculates the best route choice to direct you to that address.
  OR
To change settings:
• Touch the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.

Using the Main Menu:
Go home – touch to calculate a route to your home address from wherever you are.
Address – touch to navigate to an address or intersection near the address.
Search – touch to enter locations or points of interest for directions to restaurants, theaters, public services, and more.
Favorites – touch to get directions from your location to places you have saved as Favorites.
Recent – touch to navigate to your most recent destinations without having to enter them again.
Browse – touch to search categories, including gas, restaurants, and other points of interest.

Insignia Support

Can I change the voice on my GPS?

[ Edited ]

Can I change the voice on my GPS?

• No, it is not possible to change the voice on your GPS.

Insignia Support

Can I change the language on my GPS?

[ Edited ]

Can I change the language on my GPS?

• Currently English is the only available language.

Insignia Support

How do I set my home address?

[ Edited ]

How do I set my home address?

1. Touch Go to on the Home screen, then touch Go Home on the Main menu. The Home is not yet saved screen opens.
2. Touch one of the following:
Save current location to use your GPS location.
Type address to enter a state, city, house number, and street name.
Choose from Favorites to select an address or destination from a list of Favorites you created.
Choose from Recents to select an address or destination from a list of recent destinations to which you created routes.
3. When the address card opens with your home address touch Save at the bottom of the screen.
4. Touch the back arrow or the home screen button to exit this screen and continue your route creation.