Insignia Support

11. How much is the service to continue using Google search, real time traffic, etc.?

[ Edited ]

Insignia Support

12. How do I update the firmware on GPS?

[ Edited ]

Insignia Support

13. The maps on my GPS are incorrect.

[ Edited ]

• Currently, there are no map updates available.
  • The maps and POIs (Points of Interest) are supplied by Navteq, the leading map supplier in the industry. They supply maps to many other GPS manufacturers. Their team of data collectors drives around the country and constantly collects updates for roads and POIs. Unfortunately, they are not able to collect the latest data for every road and POI in every area.
  • If you have found an error in the data, you can log onto Navteq’s website and they will add it to their list of areas to update. (http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/secured/submitDur.do?userType=CONSUMER&language=en)

Insignia Support

14. How do I update my maps?

[ Edited ]

• Currently, there are no map updates available. A process is in development to support map updates.

Insignia Support

15. Are maps available for countries other than the United States?

[ Edited ]

• No, maps are only available for theUnited States.

Insignia Support

16. Can I pause my route and return to it later?

[ Edited ]
  1. Power the GPS Off.
  2. When you are ready to return to the route, turn the GPS On.
  3. Touch Go to on the Main screen. The Go To menu opens.
  4. Touch Recent. A list of your recent addresses opens.
  5. Touch the destination on the list.
  6. When the address card for your destination opens, touch Go or Routes to start directions again. Your GPS starts directions from your current location.

Insignia Support

17. Will the GPS automatically recalculate my route if I deviate from the route?

[ Edited ]

• Yes, the GPS automatically recalculates routes if you deviate from the suggested route.

Insignia Support

18. Can I search for points of interest?

[ Edited ]

• Yes, you can search for points of interest.

1. Touch Browse on the Go To menu to locate points of interest (POIs) such as restaurants, lodging, things to do, public services, and gas stations. A list of POIs opens.
  2. Touch the category you want (for example, Restaurants). The Search In screen opens listing the names of cities to which you have recently created routes.
  3. Touch the city or enter the name of the city you want for a list of restaurants. You can sort the list alphabetically from A to Z, or by distance, closest to farthest.
  4. Touch the name of the restaurant you want. The address card for the restaurant opens.
  5. Touch Go or Routes for directions.

OR

Touch the Back button to return to the list of restaurants and choose another.

Insignia Support

19. The GPS is not finding all the restaurants in my area.

[ Edited ]

• The information retrieved by your GPS is based on conducting a search via Google.com.
  • It will find the same information as it would produce when conducting a Google search on the internet.
  • Not all information is available on Google, but the information produced by the GPS is the most up-to-date information available.

Insignia Support

20. How do I add a waypoint or more than one destination?

[ Edited ]

• It is not possible to add a waypoint or more than one destination.