Insignia Support

31. Can I zoom the map in and out?

[ Edited ]

• To zoom in, touch the + button on the right side of the Map view.
  • To zoom out, touch the – button on the right side of the Map view.
  • To pan across the map and view portions that are beyond the limits of the screen, touch the map and drag your finger. When you do this, the GPS displays “Pan Mode” at the top of the screen.
  • To return to your last known location from Pan Mode, touch Center Car at the bottom of the screen.
  • To return to Map view, touch Back at the bottom left of the screen.

Insignia Support

32. Can I email a route from Google Maps to my GPS?

[ Edited ]

• Yes, you can email a route from Google Maps to your GPS.
  • Have you set up your GPS’s email address?
  • Yes
    • To email a Google Maps route to your GPS:

1. Find the directions to your destination on Google Maps.
  2. Click Send at the top right of the Google map. A window opens that lets you choose where you want to send the directions.
  3. Enter your GPS email address in the To: field and your Internet address in the From: field. You can also type any message you want.
  4. Click Send. After a few minutes your device notifies you that new addresses have arrived.
  5. Touch Yes to view them. The address or addresses display on your Favorites list.

OR

Touch No to return to the screen you were previously viewing.

1. Go to Favorites. The address will display on your Favorite List.
  2. Touch the new address for directions.

• No

• To set up your GPS’s email address:

1. Open the Main menu, then touch the Settings button. The Settings menu opens.
  2. Touch the down arrow to display more settings.
  3. Touch Mail. The GPS Email Address screen opens.
  4. Touch Set. The Enter an email id screen opens.
  5. Enter the email ID you want to use. It should have a combination of 6 to 30 letters and numbers.
  6. Touch Next at the bottom right of the keypad to see if the ID is available.
  7. If it is available, you receive a message:
    1. Checking availability..<YourID> is available. OK
    2. Touch OK to return to the GPS Email Address screen, then touch the Back or Menu button to exit the screen.

OR

If it is not available, you receive a message:

1. Checking availability..<YourID> is not available. OK
  2. Touch OK to return to the Enter an email id screen.
  3. Enter the email ID you want to use.
  4. Touch Next at the bottom right of the keypad to see if the ID is available.

OR

If you do not use enough characters for your ID, you receive a message:

1. Checking availability…Please enter at least 6 characters. OK
  2. Touch OK to return to the Enter an email id screen.
  3. Enter the email ID you want to use.
  4. Touch Next at the bottom right of the keypad to see if the ID is available.
  5. Find the directions to your destination on Google Maps.
  6. Click Send at the top right of the Google map. A window opens that lets you choose where you want to send the directions.
  7. Enter your GPS email address in the To: field and your Internet address in the From: field. You can also type any message you want.
  8. Click Send. After a few minutes your device notifies you that new addresses have arrived.
  9. Touch Yes to view them. The address or addresses display on your Favorites list.

• To email a Google Maps route to your GPS:

OR

Touch No to return to the screen you were previously viewing.

1. Go to Favorites. The address will display on your Favorite List.
  2. Touch the new address for directions.

Insignia Support

33. How do I pair my phone with my GPS?

[ Edited ]

1. Touch the Phone button on the home screen. A message displays “Your phone is not set up. Set up now?” Touch Yes. Bluetooth settings and management screen opens.
  2. If the first button on the list is disable, touch the arrow on the right to view the Bluetooth enable/disable screen.
  3. Touch Enable, then the Back button at the bottom of the screen. The Bluetooth settings and management screen opens.
  4. Touch PIN Number to display the keypad, then type your phone’s PIN number.  Please refer to the manual that came with your cellular phone.  The default PIN number for many Bluetooth devices is 0000.
  5. Touch Save after you enter the number.  The screen returns to the Bluetooth settings and management screen.  If you have not set your phone to pair with a Bluetooth device, the screen indicates “No phone connected.”
  6. Set your phone to scan for a Bluetooth device. The GPS screen indicates that it is attempting to find your phone or other mobile device.
  7. When the GPS finds a Bluetooth phone, it indicates it found a device and a phone is paired.
  8. Touch OK to close this message and return to the Bluetooth settings and management screen.  The screen displays the name of the phone you paired.
  9. Touch any button at the bottom to exit the screen and continue using the device.

Insignia Support

34. How do I answer a call with my GPS when my phone is connected via Bluetooth?

[ Edited ]

1. An incoming call message displays showing the caller ID and phone number.
  2. Touch the phone alert which displays the incoming call message, then touch Answer or Ignore.

Insignia Support

35. How do I place a call using my GPS when my phone is connected via Bluetooth?

[ Edited ]

1. Touch the Phone button on the Main menu. The dial keypad opens.
  2. Enter the phone number, then touch Call. Once you are connected to your party, the Call Manager screen displays. You can manage your active call from this screen.

Insignia Support

36. What cell phones are compatible with the GPS?

[ Edited ]

• Any phone with Bluetooth is capable of being paired with the GPS.

Insignia Support

37. How close do the cell phone and GPS need to be to each other to work?

[ Edited ]

• Range can vary but try to keep your phone and GPS within 10 feet of each other.

Insignia Support

38. My GPS won’t turn off.

[ Edited ]

• Plug-in your GPS and press the reset button on the bottom of your GPS.

Insignia Support

39. My GPS froze.

[ Edited ]

Insignia Support

40. My text-to-speech is not working on my GPS. The text-to-speech functionality allows your GPS to read road names to you while navigating.

[ Edited ]

• Try adjusting the volume.
  • There is a volume lever on the right side of the GPS. Move the lever up or down to adjust the volume.

OR

1. Open the Main menu, then touch the Settings button. The Settings menu opens.
  2. Touch Volume. The Volume screen opens.
  3. Touch the scale to adjust the volume. As you touch the scale, the touch sound you hear indicates the volume.
  4. Touch any button at the bottom of the screen to exit the menu and save your changes.