Insignia Support

51. What are the connected/network applications?

[ Edited ]

• Weather – Lets you view current and forecasted weather for your current GPS location or city that you specify.
  • Gas Buddy – Lets you view current gas prices and gas station locations in a city that you specify.
  • Twitter – Lets you send and check Twitter updates.
  • Movies – Lets you find movies and movie theaters near your current GPS location or city that you specify.
  • Traffic – Lets you receive information about your upcoming traffic slow-downs and incidents on your route or routes you regularly follow.

Insignia Support

52. How do I view weather information?

[ Edited ]

1. Touch Net Apps button on the Main menu. The NetApps connected services menu opens.
  2. Touch Weather. The Weather in…screen opens. This will show the weather and forecast for your current GPS location.

OR

To view weather in another city:

1. Touch Other Location. The Weather in… screen opens.
  2. Touch the name of a city in the list or touch Other City. The City is in… screen displays the names of states.
  3. Touch one of the states or if the name of the state is not on the list, touch Other State. The Enter State screen opens.
  4. Begin entering the name of the state on the keypad. A list of states with similarly spelled names opens.
  5. Touch the name of the state that displays on the list. The Enter City Name screen opens.
  6. Begin entering the name of the city on the keypad. A list of cities with similarly spelled names opens.
  7. Touch the name of the city you want. A two-day forecast for that city opens.

Insignia Support

53. How do I find gas stations and gas prices?

[ Edited ]

• Gas Buddy lets you view current gas prices and gas station locations in a city that you specify.
  • To get current gas prices and gas station locations:

1. Touch Net Apps button on the Main menu. The NetApps connected services menu opens.
  2. Touch Gas Buddy. The GasBuddy.com Search is in…screen opens.
  3. Touch Area near me now, the name of a city or Other City.
  4. If you select Other City, the City is in…screen opens. Touch one of the states or if the name of the state is not on the list, touch Other State. The Enter State screen opens.
  5. Begin entering the name of the state on the keypad. A list of states with similarly spelled names opens.
  6. Touch the name of the state that displays on the list. The Enter City Name screen opens.
  7. Begin entering the name of the city on the keypad. A list of cities with similarly spelled names opens.
  8. Touch the name of the city you want. The Gas Buddy screen opens.
  9. Touch the location and price you want to get directions. The address card for that location opens.
  10. Touch Go or Routes for directions.

Insignia Support

54. How do I setup Twitter on my GPS?

[ Edited ]

2. Touch Twitter. The Twitter login screen opens.
  3. Touch Disabled to open the Disable/Enable screen.
  4. Touch Enable. The Enter Username keypad opens.
  5. Enter your Twitter username then touch Next. The Enter Password keypad opens.
  6. Enter your Twitter password then touch Next. The login screen displays again.
  7. Touch SIGN IN.

Insignia Support

55. How do I send Twitter updates?

[ Edited ]

• When you enter a destination on your GPS and the address card displays, touch the Tweet my route check box located below the address.
  • Your departure and estimated arrival times are updated on Twitter. Your route is updated at regular time intervals. When you arrive at your destination your location is updated.
  • Remember that by using this feature you are posting your location to your Twitter account. All of the people that you have authorized to follow you on Twitter will see your location.

Insignia Support

56. How do I view Twitter updates?

[ Edited ]

2. Touch Twitter. Your messages are displayed.
  3. Touch up and down arrows to scroll through the messages.
  4. Touch the message on the list you want to read. The complete message displays.
  5. Touch Back or Menu to exit your message.

Insignia Support

57. How do I find a movie and theater location?

[ Edited ]

2. Touch Movies. The screen opens to choose a city. If the name of the city you want is shown, touch List by Title or List by Theater to view movies showing in that city.

OR

If you want to view available movies in another city:

1. Touch Other Location. The Movies in… screen opens.
  2. Touch the city your want. The Movies near the city you selected screen opens. Touch List by Title or List by Theater.

OR

If the city is not in the list, touch Other City. The City is in… screen opens. Touch one of the states or if the name of the state is not on the list, touch Other State. The Enter State screen opens.

1. Begin entering the name of the state on the keypad. A list of states with similarly spelled names opens.
  2. Touch the name of the state that displays on the list. The Enter City Name screen opens.
  3. Begin entering the name of the city on the keypad. A list of cities with similarly spelled names opens.
  4. Touch the city your want. The Movies near the city you selected screen opens. Touch List by Title or List by Theater.

Insignia Support

58. How do I receive upcoming traffic information?

[ Edited ]

2. Touch Traffic. The list of available traffic information displays.
  3. Select an option from the screen. Options include:

• List Traffic on Current Route – Touch to view the latest slow downs, accidents, construction, or other traffic incidents near your current route.
  • See Traffic on Saved Routes – Touch to view traffic incidents on routes your travel regularly, such as home to work and work to home, or routes you add on Manage Routes.
  • Manage Routes – Touch to add routes to your See Traffic on Saved Routes list.

Insignia Support

59. How do I add frequently followed routes to the traffic updates?

[ Edited ]

2. Touch Traffic. The list of available traffic information displays.
  3. Touch Manage Routes. The Manage Routes screen opens.
  4. Touch Create a new route. The Select route origin screen opens.
  5. Touch one of the following:

• Use current location – to add your current GPS location.
  • Enter an address – to create a route as you would to any destination.
  • Select from Recent – to select a destination to which you have recently created a route.
  • Select from Favorites – to select a saved favorite destination.

1. When the address card for the origin you select opens, touch the Select Destination button.
  2. Touch a button on the Select route destination screen. Options include:

• Use current location
  • Enter an address
  • Select from Recent
  • Select from Favorites

1. When the address card displays with the origin and destination, touch Save. The Enter route name keypad opens.
  2. Type a name to identify the route, then touch Next. The address card displays with the route name.
  3. Touch Back or Menu to exit and save the route.

OR

Touch Edit to make changes to:

• Rename Route
  • Delete Route
  • Change Origin
  • Change Destination