Can I prevent my S-HAIOR18-C Speaker from disconnecting/going into standby when paused

Hi guys,

So when I'm using the speaker and then pause whatever device is giving the input for more than a few minutes, the speaker goes into standby/disconnects from the device, then I have to turn it back on, reconnect, etc. Is there any way to stop the speaker from doing this as I'm often pausing throughout the day.

I generally use the speaker with my computer with a headphone jack, line in. Failing this, is there maybe some work around to keep it active via my computer? 

Thanks

Insignia Support

Re: Can I prevent my S-HAIOR18-C Speaker from disconnecting/going into standby when paused

Hello jwierzbo,

Great choice in Audio System! My brother actually gifted my mom the same item this last Christmas. I’m sorry to hear that you like to often pause through-out the day, and it’s kind of frustrating to turn it back on. I’d be happy to see what if I can help you troubleshoot this issue.

While reviewing the manual I didn’t notice any programming options, or “sleep settings” that may allow you to extend the downtime you’re allowed to have it on but not actively playing content. Have you tried to “stop” the content rather than “pause” it? Does that change how long the unit will stay on for?

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia Support

Re: Can I prevent my S-HAIOR18-C Speaker from disconnecting/going into standby when paused

"While reviewing the manual I didn’t notice any programming options, or “sleep settings” that may allow you to extend the downtime you’re allowed to have it on but not actively playing content. Have you tried to “stop” the content rather than “pause” it? Does that change how long the unit will stay on for?"

Thanks for the quick reply.

Most programs on computers just use pause/play. Think youtube/netflix/music streamers...if I use a media player with a stop button, that just closes the file and it cuts out in the same way. 

Insignia Support

Hello jwierzbo,

That’s a bummer! I’m sorry to hear that stopping the content causes the same result. The NS-HAIOR18-C Audio System isn’t necessarily intended to be used as a computer speaker, but rather a CD player or radio. Pausing for more than a few minutes wasn’t a priority in the design. I’m sorry for any frustration this may be causing you at this time.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia Support