Google Assistant shortcuts no longer work on NS-CSPGASP

Google has recently released custom routines, and they have replaced shortcuts. So, new shortcuts no longer seem to work for this device as they cannot process routines apparently
Insignia Support

Re: Google Assistant shortcuts no longer work on NS-CSPGASP

Hello ryanmcclure,

Welcome to the Insignia Forum Community! Thanks for swinging by to share that you’re having some issues with your Insignia Voice Speaker. I understand it’s surely frustrating that Google may have updated their shortcuts, but they’re not working.

Can you please ensure that your NS-CSPGASP is currently up to date? You’re welcome to force any firmware updates by resetting your speaker. You can reset your speaker by pressing and holding the mic button until you see solid orange light. During the setup it will show “LOAD” if it’s attempting to download new firmware. Please wait until that’s finished prior to continuing on in your Google Home application.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted

Re: Google Assistant shortcuts no longer work on NS-CSPGASP

I guarantee he's up to date. Google's latest update removed shortcuts and changed all previous shortcuts to routines. Your speaker's firmware doesn't currently support routines. I keep seeing responses about how you're trying to work with Google to be able to support things as they go, but a timeline on when we can expect updates sure would be nice. I know this is a new change on Google's part, but it's made getting my speaker to do what I need it to do rather unwieldy.