Visitor

Google's Continued Conversations is LIVE on Insignia Voice

Continued Conversations just went live on Google Assistant speakers, including the Insignia Voice models. I have to say it's nice not to have to say "Hey/OK Google" after the initial request. I haven't timed it but the first time didn't seem like the Mic stayed live 8 seconds. Since then, it seems like it does, at least on my Voice Portable. Every time a new feature rolls out, I always check to see if there are more (specifically on my Voice speakers), but I didn't see any. I noticed in the settings of Google Assistant Voice Calls, it now lists support for "Smart Displays" in addition to Google Home speakers. 

Visitor

Re: Google's Continued Conversations is LIVE on Insignia Voice

Thanks, I have 2 of these units but only one is available for this feature. Any idea why?

Insignia Support

OregonBruin,

Thanks for sharing that your Insignia Voice Speaker received an update over the weekend! More updates should be available soon to fix other known issues. Please note your Voice Speaker should automatically look for updates daily. Thank you so much for your patience as our engineers partnered with Google to improve the functionality of your speaker through firmware updates.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Powel, I'm not sure why only one speaker updated as both of mine did. I see Insignia responded that updates are coming, if not already received. I would keep checking. It wouldn't hurt to reset the unit that didn't receive the update although it just might be a staggered rollout. I'm sorry I'm not much help beyond that. I hope you receive the update soon! 😀

Visitor

Thanks,it did show up 2 days alter