Question 10: How do I turn on my receiver?

1. Press POWER on the receiver. The STANDBYindicator light will turn blue.
  2. Press POWER ON on the remote control or the ON/STANDBY button on the receiver to turn the receiver on. The STANDBY indictor light will turn off.

Question 11: How do I put my receiver in STANDBY mode?

1. Press the STANDBY button on the remote control when the receiver is on.
  2. With the receiver in Standby mode, you can also turn the power on by pressing an Input Selector button on the remote control.

Question 12: How do I adjust the volume?

1.Turn the MASTER VOLUME dial on the receiver, or press the VOLUME buttons on the remote control.

OR

Press MUTE on the remote to turn the sound off. MUTE flashes on the display. Press MUTE again to turn the sound back on.

Question 13: How do I use the remote control?

CAUTION: Do not expose the remote control to shock, liquids, or humidity. Also, do not place the remote control under direct sunlight. The heat may cause deformation of the remote control.

• Point the remote control towards the receiver’s remote sensor window.
  • Objects between the remote control and sensor window may prevent proper operation.
  • Use the remote control within about 23 feet (7 meters) of the receiver and within 30 degrees to the front of the receiver.

Question 14: How do I change to a different device?

1. Turn on devices connected to the receiver.
  2. Rotate the INPUT SELECTOR knob or press the desired input selector button on the remote to select the input source.
  3. If you have connected a video device, such as a DVD or Blu-ray player, select that device’s input on the TV. Be sure to turn your TV speakers off if you only want the audio to come from your receiver.

Question 15: How do I change which speakers are used?

1. Press SPEAKER A and SPEAKER B on the remote control to turn the corresponding speakers on. SPK A, SPK B, SPK AB, or SPK OFF appears on the display and sound can be heard from the speakers.

Question 16: How do I adjust the tone?

1. Press the TONE button on the receiver, then rotate the UP/DOWN knob until TON CTRLappears on the display.
  2. On the remote, press the TREBLE+/- or BASS+/- buttons to adjust the tone. On the receiver, press the TONE button repeatedly to cycle through the available tone modes (BASS>TREBLE>TON CTRL). The tone mode is displayed for three seconds. If the tone display disappears, start again from Step 1.
  3. Rotate the UP/DOWN knob to adjust the tone.

Question 17: How do I listen to audio?

[ Edited ]
  1. Turn on the receiver (see Question 10).
  2. Select speakers (see Question 15).
  3. Turn on and select the proper input devices connected to the receiver (see Question 14).
  4. Adjust the volume (see Question 12).

Question 18: How do I record audio?

• The stereo receiver does not record. However, you can use the stereo receiver as a switch to connect any of your audio sources to your audio recording device.
  • CD, Phone, or Aux 2 audio sources can be recorded by the audio recording device connected to Aux 1. To record on Aux 1:
  1. Select the recording input source (this cannot be Aux 1).
  2. Start recording on the AUX 1 device.
  3. Start play on your input device to provide the audio signal to record.
  • You can also record a CD, Phone, or Aux 1 audio source if you have an audio recording device connected to Aux 2. To record on Aux 2:
  1. Select the recording input source (this cannot be Aux 2).
  2. Start recording on the AUX 2 device.
  3. Start play on your input device to provide the audio signal to record.

Question 19: What should I do if there is no power?

• Make sure that the AC power cord is connected securely to both the receiver and the AC wall outlet.
  • Make sure the AC wall outlet is active.