Question 20: What should I do if the remote control does not work?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the receiver’s remote sensor is not obstructed, and remove any obstructions between the remote control and the remote sensor window.
  • The remote control may not work if the remote sensor window is under direct sunlight or strong lighting. In this case, change the angle of the lighting to the receiver, or operate the remote closer to the sensor window.
  • Ensure that the batteries are installed correctly and that they are not dead (see Question 21).

Question 21: How do I install or replace the batteries in my remote control?

NOTE: Do not use Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries in the remote control. Also, remove the batteries if they are not going to be used for an extended period of time.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of the remote control.
  2. Insert two AAA batteries into the compartment matching the polarity indicated.
  3. Replace the battery cover.

Question 22: How do I adjust the volume?

[ Edited ]

Question 23: Why is there no sound coming from the speakers?

[ Edited ]

Question 24: What should I do if there is noise or a humming sound coming from the speakers?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure the connections on the back of the receiver are correct and secure.  
  • If you are listening to the phono source, connect the turntable’s ground cord to the PHONO GND terminal.
  • If you are listening to the radio source change the position of the antenna.
  • If you are listening to the radio source, make sure you are tuned to the correct radio frequency.
  • If you are listening to the radio source, try using an outdoor antenna.

Question 25: What should I do if the sound coming from the speakers is unnatural and lacks bass?

[ Edited ]
  • The speaker polarity (+/-) may be reversed. Check all speaker connections to ensure correct polarity connections have been made. 

Question 26: What should I do if the volume of SPEAKER A differs from that of SPEAKER B?

• The volume and sound quality differ depending on the speaker’s size and other characteristics.
  • Be sure to connect the same type of speakers to the SPEAKER A and SPEAKER B terminals if you want to use SPEAKERS A and B at the same time with the same volume.

NOTE: Using different gauges of speaker wire for the two sets of speakers may impact the sound quality coming from the speakers.

Question 27: How do I record audio?

[ Edited ]

Question 28: What should I do if I cannot record audio?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure the devices are properly and securely connected to the receiver.
  • Operate each connected device correctly when attempting to use it in the recording process (see Question 18).

Question 29: How do I automatically preset a radio station?

[ Edited ]

1.    Press and hold the MEMO button on the remote OR the MEMORY button on the receiver for more than two seconds.

• AUTO MEM blinks on the display and the receiver automatically searches for and presets as many as 30 FM stations.

2.    To stop automatically presetting stations, press MEMO/MEMORY again.

NOTE:

• Weak FM stations cannot be memorized.
  • You can manually preset AM stations or weak FM stations (see Question 30).