Tv3
Visitor

Insignia™ - 555" Class - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR Roku TV stuck in headphone mode

My tv is stuck in headphone mode and gives out no sound. I’ve never plugged headphones in but the audio goes off for days at a time. I’ve tried every audio setting and unplugged every cord but still no sound. It’s been doing this for months now.
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia™ - 555" Class - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR Roku TV stuck in headphone ...

[ Edited ]

Greetings Tv3,

Welcome to the Insignia Community! I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having some issues with your 55” TV, and it may be detecting a sound component that may not be there. I’d be delighted to see what advice we can offer at this time.

Can you please share which model of TV you have? Please also indicate what components, if any, you have connected to your TV. Once I have those details I’d be able to do some digging into this for you further. Via your own troubleshooting it sounds like you may have already power cycled the unit. Have you completely unplugged the TV from power for a few minutes? Did that improve the issue, or mitigate it for a bit? I look forward to your reply to continue seeing how I may be able to assist you further.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Tv3
Visitor

Re: Insignia™ - 555" Class - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR Roku TV stuck in headphon

It’s model NS-55DR620NA18. The only thing that is connected to the tv is a cable cord and a HDMI cable that connects the tv to the cable box. I’ve unplugged the tv for 24 hrs more than once but nothing changed.
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia™ - 555" Class - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR Roku TV stuck in headphon

Hello Tv3,

Thank you for your message. 

When you say you have a "cable cord" connected to the TV, Since the cable box is connected via HDMI, could you elaborate?

Additionally, have you ensured the speakers are turned on through the onscreen settings? If not, try this: on the Home menu, press up or down arrow to highlight Settings, then press OK. Highlight Audio, then press OK. Highlight TV speakers, then press OK. Press OK to add the check from the TV speakers enabled check box if not present.

You can also find audio troubleshooting steps in the User Guide, beginning on page 41.

John
Insignia Support
Tv3
Visitor

It’s a two ended cord that connects the picture and audio from the cable box to the tv. The hdmi cable is only hooked up to the tv because the tv would not pick up any other inputs besides hdmi inputs. The cable cord and the hdmi are the only methods of input on the box and the when ever I tried to use the cable box input on the tv and always says is it on. So that’s why the hdmi is plugged in. If I take the cable cord out the hdmi input still goes threw but it will be a black screen no sound. The speakers are enabled.
Tv3
Visitor

I haven't had sound on my TV since my original post. I've had this problem since April and I bought the TV in February. At first it would be stuck to a day then go away on its own and I'd have sound for a few days. Then in June it started going out for weeks at a time. I haven't received any helpful information on how to fix the TV. Ive never had such a hard time with a TV before, it barely worked for the majority time I owned it. I'm really getting tired of playing games with this TV and company.

Insignia Support

Hello Tv3,

Can you please share which cable provider, and box you have? It’s very odd that you have the same device connected twice to the same TV. It’s possible you could be accidently looping the sound causing it to switch to that headphone option.

If you prefer you’re welcome to give us a call at (877) 467-4289 to receive troubleshooting assistance on this matter in the moment. If not we look forward to your reply!

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Tv3
Visitor

My cable provider is Xfinity and I have the xfinity x1 cable box.
Insignia Support

Good Morning Tv3,

I took a peek into the connections available via your TV, and cable box. You should be able to connect only using the HDMI cable as it should be able to carry both the sound and picture from your cable box. Any additional cords shouldn’t be need. Have you tried to use only the HDMI cord?

Respectfully,