Question 10: How do I connect my home theater receiver to an existing Rocketboost network?

[ Edited ]

Every new Rocketboost device you add to your Rocketboost network must be “joined” to your Rocketboost hub device. Use these instructions if you want to join your home theater receiver to an existing Rocketboost network. If this is your first Rocketboost device or you want to make your home theater receiver the hub, see Question 9.

1. Install a Rocketboost Wireless Ready Card into your home theater receiver. See Question 7 for more information.
  2. Press the Power button on your home theater receiver to turn it on.
  3. Press SETUP on your home theater receiver or remote control. The Setup Menu opens.
  4. Press ▼ or ▲ to select 11. Rocketboost, then press ENTER. The Rocketboost menu opens.
  5. Press ▼ or ▲ to select Hub (Manager) Enable, then press ENTER. The Hub Enable menu opens.
  6. Press ◄ or ► to select Disable. Make sure that your other Rocketfish devices are set to Enable.
  7. Press RETURN to go to the previous menu.
  8. If possible, bring your existing hub device into the same room as the home theater receiver. You can move it to a different location after joining.
  9. Press the Power button on the hub device to turn it on.
  10. Press and hold the Power button on your hub device for more than three seconds to put it into joining mode. The power indicator starts blinking rapidly and the unit stays in joining mode for 30 seconds.
  11. On your home theater receiver, press ▼ or ▲ to select Connect to Wireless Network, then press ENTER. The display on your home theater receiver shows “Connecting.” When connected to your Rocketboost Hub, the display shows “Connected” and the power indicator LED on your other Rocketboost device lights solid.
    Note: If the joining fails after 30 seconds, the display on your home theater receiver shows “Timeout.” Repeat these steps or see Question 12 for more information.
  12. Press RETURN to go back to the main menu.

Question 11: How do I listen to audio from other Rocketboost devices?

1. Press the Power button on your home theater receiver to turn it on.
  2. Press SETUP. The Setup Menu opens.
  3. Press ▼ or ▲ to select 11. Rocketboost, then press ENTER. The Rocketboost network opens.
  4. Press ▼ or ▲ to highlight the Rocketboost device you want to listen to, then press ENTER to select it.
  5. Press RETURN to go back to the main menu.

Question 12: What should I do if I cannot join my home theater receiver to a Rocketboost network?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that you have installed the Rocketboost Wireless Ready Card (not included). See Question 7 for installation instructions.
  • Make sure that the hub device is connected to a working power outlet.
  • Turn off the home theater receiver and Rocketboost device, then turn them back on.
  • Make sure that all connections are correct and secure.
  • A Rocketboost network can only contain one hub device. Make sure that only one wireless sender/receiver in your network is set to ENABLE.
  • The maximum distance the home theater receiver can be from another Rocketfish device is 150 feet (45.7 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions. Move the home theater receiver and Rocketboost device closer together.
  • The maximum number of Rocketboost devices in a Rocketboost network is nine. If you already have nine devices connected and attempt to join an additional device, the new device will not join.

Question 13: How do I play a connected device through my home theater receiver?

[ Edited ]
  1. Press RECEIVER, then press INPUT SELECTOR to select the input source of the connected device.
  2. Start playback on the connected device.
  3. To adjust the volume, use the MASTER VOLUME control.
  4. Select a listening mode. See Question 16 for more information about listening modes.

Question 14: How do I navigate the on-screen advanced setup menu?

The on-screen setup menu appears on an HDMI-connected TV and provides a way to change the receiver’s various settings.

To use the on-screen setup menu:

1. On your TV, select the HDMI input that your home theater receiver is connected to.
    Note: If the home theater receiver is not connected to your TV with HDMI, the onscreen menus are not displayed.
  2. Press RECEIVER on your remote control, then press SETUP. The Setup Menu opens.
    OR
    Press SETUP on your home theater receiver. The Setup Menu opens.
    13-0163_Setup.jpg 

3. Press ▲ or ▼ to select a menu, then press ENTER to open the menu.
  4. Press ▲ or ▼ to select an option, then press ◄ or ► to change the setting.
  5. Press SETUP to close the menu.
  6. Press RETURN to go back to the main menu.

Question 15: What should I do if the remote control does not work?

• Make sure that you press RECEIVER on the remote control before use.
  • Make sure that the batteries are installed with the correct polarity.
  • The batteries may be dead. Install new batteries. Make sure that you do not mix different types of batteries, or old and new batteries.
  • Make sure that the remote control is not too far away from the receiver.
  • Make sure that there are no obstructions between the remote control and the home theater receiver’s remote control sensor.
  • If the home theater receiver is installed in a cabinet with colored-glass doors, the remote control may not work correctly. Open the doors of the cabinet.
  • Make sure that you have entered the correct remote control code.
  • Make sure that you set the same ID on both the home theater receiver and the remote control.

Question 16: Which listening mode should I select?

Note: You can only select Mono, Direct, and Stereo listening modes when a pair of headphones is connected.

• When watching movies and TV, select MOVIE/TV.
  • When listening to music, select MUSIC.
  • When playing a video game, select GAME.
  • To use a default listening mode, select STEREO.

Question 17: What should I do if there is no sound?

• Make sure that the correct input source is selected.
  • Make sure that the inputs and outputs of all connected devices are secure and correct.
  • Make sure that the polarity of the speaker cables are correct and that the bare wires are in contact with the metal part of each speaker terminal.
  • Make sure that none of the connecting cables are bent, twisted, or damaged.
  • Make sure that the speaker cables are not shorting.
  • Turn up the volume on the home theater receiver.
  • If MUTING is flashing on the display, press the remote control MUTING button to unmute the receiver.
  • No sound will come from the speakers if a device is connected to the PHONES jack. Unplug any devices connected to the PHONES jack.
  • With some DVD discs, you need to select an audio output format from a menu. Make sure that a supported audio format is selected.
  • Not all listening modes use all speakers. Select the listening mode that best meets your needs.
  • Adjust the volume levels of the individual speakers.

Question 18: What should I do if I only hear sound from certain speakers?

• Certain listening modes do not use all of the speakers. Select a listening mode that best meets your needs.
  • Some audio will not use all the speakers. Test your system by playing audio through your home theater receiver that will use all of your speakers.
  • Make sure that your speaker configuration is correct.
  • Make sure that the speaker connections are correct and secure.
  • Make sure that the polarity of the speaker cables are correct and that the bare wires are in contact with the metal part of each speaker terminal.
  • Your speaker wires may be damaged. Replace your speaker wires.

Question 19: Why will the volume of my home theater receiver not increase?

• After the volume level of each individual speaker has been adjusted, the maximum volume may be reduced. Turn up the volume of individual speakers to increase the overall volume.