Insignia Digital Clock Radio with Bluetooth (NS-CLBT01-B, NS-CLBT01-W, NS-CLBT02) FAQ (12-1285)

[ Edited ]

Usage

Question 1: How do I set the time?

Question 2: How do I set the alarm?

Question 3: How do I control playback with a Bluetooth-paired device?

Question 4: How do I connect my clock radio to a device with an audio cable?

Question 5: How do I control playback with a device connected by an audio cable?

Question 6: How do I program a radio station preset?

Question 7: What is the USB port on the clock radio used for?

Bluetooth

Question 8: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my clock radio?

Question 9: How do I re-pair a previously connected Bluetooth device?

Question 10: What should I do if my Bluetooth device is not pairing with my clock radio?

Question 11: How do I disconnect from a paired device?

Question 12: What is the Bluetooth pairing code?

Question 13: What is the Bluetooth range on my clock radio?

Question 14: What should I do if the sound from my Bluetooth device is distorted or broken up?

Question 15: How many Bluetooth devices can my clock radio remember?

Question 16: Can I make and receive calls while my phone is paired with my clock radio?

Audio

Question 17: How do I change the alarm sound to the buzzer or radio?

Question 18: How do I change the alarm volume level?

Question 19: Why did my snooze setting not work?

Question 20: What should I do if my clock radio is not playing sound?

Question 21: How do I stop static or poor sound quality when playing music from a device connected b...

Question 22: How do I stop static when playing the radio?

Power

Question 23: What should I do if my clock radio isn’t turning on?

Question 24: How do I install the backup batteries?

Question 25: Can I power the clock radio using only batteries?

General

Question 26: What devices are compatible with my clock radio?

Question 27: Where can I get more information about the Insignia Clock Radio with Bluetooth?

Question 28: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Question 1: How do I set the time?

1. Press and hold Sleep for about two seconds until the hour digits blink on the LCD.
  2. Press + or >> to increase the hour or press or << to decrease the hour.
  3. Press Sleep again. The minute digits blink on the LCD.
  4. Press + or >> to increase the minutes or press or >> to decrease the minutes.
  5. Press Sleep again to save the time setting and exit setting mode.

Question 2: How do I set the alarm?

[ Edited ]

Note: The alarm sound must be set before the alarm time. For information on setting the alarm sound, see Question 16.

1. Press and hold Alarm1_Icon.gif (Alarm 1) or Alarm2_Icon.gif (Alarm 2) for about two seconds until the hour digits blink on the LCD.
  2. Press + or >> to increase the hour or press or << to decrease the hour.
  3. Press Alarm1_Icon.gif (Alarm 1) or Alarm2_Icon.gif (Alarm 2) again. The minute digits blink on the LCD.
  4. Press + or >> to increase the minutes or press or << to decrease the minutes.
  5. Press  Alarm1_Icon.gif (Alarm 1) or Alarm2_Icon.gif (Alarm 2) again. The “Volume” icon lights on the LCD and the current volume level blinks in the center of the LCD.
  6. Press + or >> to increase the alarm volume or press or << to decrease the alarm volume. The alarm volume range is from 1 to 15 with 15 being the loudest setting. The default setting is 10.
  7. Press Alarm1_Icon.gif (Alarm 1) or Alarm2_Icon.gif (Alarm 2) again to save the time setting and exit alarm setting mode.

Question 3: How do I control playback with a Bluetooth-paired device?

When paired with a Bluetooth device, use the clock radio or Bluetooth device to control playback:

• Press << or >> to go to the previous or next song.
  • Press and hold << or >> to fast reverse or fast forward through the songs on the Bluetooth device.
  • Press Pair/Preset to start or pause playback.
  • Press + or to increase or decrease the volume. While you are adjusting the volume, the “Volume” icon lights and the current volume level appears in the middle of the LCD.

Question 4: How do I connect my clock radio to a device with an audio cable?

1. Plug an audio cable with a 3.5 mm connector (not included) into the AUX IN jack on the back of your radio and into the audio out jack on your audio device.
  2. Press Power-Symbol.jpg  to turn on your radio, then press Source or SRC repeatedly until “AUX” appears on the LCD.
  3. Press + or to increase or decrease the volume. While you are adjusting the volume, the “Volume” icon lights and the current volume level number appears in the center of the LCD.
  4. Use the controls on the audio device to control playback.

Question 5: How do I control playback with a device connected by an audio cable?

• Use the controls on the audio device to control playback.
  • Use the clock radio to control the volume. Press + or on the clock radio to increase or decrease the volume. While you are adjusting the volume, the “Volume” icon lights and the current volume level appears in the middle of the LCD.

Question 6: How do I program a radio station preset?

A radio station preset lets you assign a preset number to a radio station to make it easier to tune to that station. You can program 10 presets.

1. Tune to the radio station you want to program, then press and hold Pair/Preset for two seconds. The “Preset” icon lights and the next available preset number (P-01 through P-10) appears in the center of the LCD.
  2. If you want to use a different preset number, press << or >> repeatedly until the number you want appears on the LCD.
  3. Within 10 seconds, press Pair/Preset again to save your station preset. If you do not press Pair/Preset within 10 seconds, your radio exits preset mode and your station preset is not saved.

Question 7: What is the USB port on the clock radio used for?

• You can use the USB port to charge a connected device’s battery. Connect a USB cable (not provided) from the USB port on your clock radio to the charging port on the device.
  • You cannot use the USB port to listen to music through your clock radio.

Question 8: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my clock radio?

1. Press Power-Symbol.jpg  to turn on your radio, then press Source or SRC repeatedly until Bluetooth appears on the LCD.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is turned on and within 33 feet (10 meters) of your radio.
  3. On the Bluetooth device, enter pairing mode. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for information about how to enter pairing mode.
  4. On your radio, press and hold Pair/Preset for six seconds. Your radio enters pairing mode and the Bluetooth_icon.gif icon on the LCD blinks twice a second. Your radio remains in pairing mode for five minutes or until your radio pairs with the Bluetooth device.
  5. On your Bluetooth device, select the model number of your clock radio (NS-CLBT01-B, NS-CLBT01-W, or NS-CLBT02). When pairing is complete, the Bluetooth_icon.gif icon on the LCD lights solid. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for information about how to select a device for pairing.

Question 9: How do I re-pair a previously connected Bluetooth device?

Note: Your clock radio can store up to 8 Bluetooth devices.

To re-pair with the last paired device:

1. Press Power-Symbol.jpg to turn on your radio, then press Source or SRC repeatedly until Bluetooth appears on the LCD.
  2.  Make sure that your Bluetooth device is in Bluetooth mode and within 33 feet (10 meters) of your radio. Your radio and Bluetooth device will re-pair automatically.

To re-pair with another device:

1. Press Power-Symbol.jpg to turn on your radio, then press Source or SRC repeatedly until Bluetooth appears on the LCD.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is within 33 feet (10 meters) of your radio.
  3. On the Bluetooth device, enter pairing mode. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for information about how to enter pairing mode.
  4. On your radio, press and hold Pair/Preset for six seconds. Your radio enters pairing mode and the Bluetooth_icon.gif icon on the LCD blinks twice a second. Your radio remains in pairing mode for five minutes or until your radio pairs with the Bluetooth device.
  5. On your Bluetooth device, select the model number of your clock radio (NS-CLBT01-B, NS-CLBT01-W, or NS-CLBT02). When pairing is complete, the Bluetooth_icon.gif icon on the LCD lights solid. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for information about how to select a device for pairing.