Question 20: What should I do if my clock radio is not playing sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the AC/DC power adapter is connected securely and correctly to your clock radio and the power outlet.
  • Make sure that the clock radio is turned on.
  • Turn up the volume using the volume control knob.
  • Make sure that the correct audio source is selected on your clock radio. Press Source or SRC repeatedly until the correct source icon appears on the LCD:
    • To play the radio, select the “FM” source.
    • To play a device connected with an audio cable, select the “AUX” source.
    • To play a paired Bluetooth device, select the “Bluetooth” source.
  • If using Bluetooth, make sure that your Bluetooth device is paired with the clock radio. For more information on pairing, see Question 7.
  • If using Bluetooth, shorten the distance between your clock radio and the Bluetooth device and try re-pairing your device. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the wireless signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • If you are using a connected audio device, make sure that the device has power.
  • If you are using a connected audio device, make sure that the audio cable is connected securely and correctly to your clock radio and the audio device.
  • If you are using a connected audio device, make sure that the audio cable is not damaged or broken.

Question 21: How do I stop static or poor sound quality when playing music from a device connected by an audio cable?

• Make sure that all cables are connected securely.
  • The volume may be too loud. Turn down the volume using the controls on the connected device.
  • Connect your clock radio to a different device to see if the static continues. If the sound disappears, the problem may be with the original device.
  • Replace the audio cable. If the static or poor sound quality disappears, the problem was with the original audio cable.

Question 22: How do I stop static when playing the radio?

• Electronic devices near your clock radio may be causing interference. Move or turn off these devices to get better reception.
  • Move your clock radio to a different location to get better reception.
  • The station signal may be weak. Try listening to another station.

Question 23: What should I do if my clock radio is not turning on?

• Make sure that the AC/DC power adapter is plugged securely into the clock radio.
  • Make sure that the AC/DC power adapter is plugged in to a working power outlet.

Question 24: How do I install the backup batteries?

[ Edited ]

Note: The backup batteries prevent you from losing your time setting in case of power loss.

1. Push the latch to release the battery compartment cover on the bottom of your radio, then lift the cover off the battery compartment.
  2. Insert two AAA batteries (not included) into the battery compartment. Make sure that the + and symbols on the batteries align with the + and symbols inside the compartment.
  3. Insert the tab on the battery compartment cover into the slot on the battery compartment, then press the cover down until it clicks into place.
batteries_install.jpg

Question 25: Can I power the clock radio using only batteries?

• The batteries save your time setting in case of power loss. However, the clock radio will not function unless it is connected to a power outlet.

Question 26: What devices are compatible with my clock radio?

• You can connect to devices that have Bluetooth such as phones, laptops, netbooks, tablets, and MP3 players.
  • Your radio supports the A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth protocols. Check the documentation that came with your device to determine if your Bluetooth device uses one of these protocols.
  • You can connect any audio device with a 3.5 mm headphone jack (audio cable not included).

Question 27: Where can I get more information about the Insignia Clock Radio with Bluetooth?

• Refer to your User Guide that came with your clock radio or go to the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-CLBT01-B,” “NS-CLBT01-W,” or “NS-CLBT02” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.

Question 28: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

• You can find more information about your warranty in your User Guide or on the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-CLBT01-B,” “NS-CLBT01-W,” or “NS-CLBT02” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.