Visitor

Insignia Google voice speaket

own the Insignia™ - Voice™ Smart Bluetooth Speaker (not portable) with the Google Assistant which I use as a alarm clock in my bedroom. I've noticed that when the alarm goes off, the screen flashes on and off. According to Google's web how to, to stop the alarm, I should just say "OK or Hey Google, Stop," which would stop the alarm. However, using the same command stops the alarm, but the time continues flashing after the alrm stops. If I say OK google cancel the alarm, the screen will stop flashing. However, that commands cancels my alarm all together and I will have to setup my daily alarm again. It's not supposed to work this way. When I tell it to stop the alarm the time should blink nonstop.

Thanks for the help.
Visitor

Re: Insignia Google voice speaket

Sorry. I mean to say the time should NOT blink nonstop.
Insignia Support

Hello Jizzay1,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

I'll be happy to look into this for you if you will please reply with your product model number.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support
Visitor

Here's the info:

Model: NS-CSPGASP-G

Insignia Support

Greetings Jizzay1,

Thank you so much for getting back to us to share your with your model number for your speaker. I’d be happy to help you while John’s currently out of the office.

Can you please try to reset your Insignia Google Voice Speaker? You should be able to do this by holding down the mic button until you see solid orange lights. During the setup, if it shows “LOAD” please wait for any firmware that needs to be updated to be completed prior to continuing on in your Google Home application. Please let us know if that doesn’t resolve your issues with your alarm.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hello, I reset my device yesterday and set it up again. I set my weekday alarm and this morning when it went off, I said "stop the alarm.". The alarm stopped but the time continued to blink. Only after I told the device to "cancel the alarm" did the time stop blinking.

No change, same problem.

Anyone else having this problem with recurring alarms? Maybe even a regular alarm.
Insignia Support

Hello Jizzay1,

Thank you so much for trying that troubleshooting. I’m sorry to hear that it didn’t work for you. I bubbled up your concerns to our support teams, and they were able to confirm that this is a known issue. We’re in the process of partnering with Google to see that it’s resolved in an upcoming firmware update. We currently do not know the release date for the next firmware update, but we’re partnering with Google to get it out as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Thanks  BTW my device is cast firmware version 1.28.101871 and system firmware version 306.  It hasn't updated to 1.31.114510 which is what googles help page says is the latest version 

Should my speaker upgrade its firmware or is it on the latest version?  Thanks! 

Insignia Support

Morning Jizzay1,

Your speaker should be looking for firmware updates periodically, and this isn’t something you should have to manually force once that update is available. At this time your Insignia Voice Speaker looks to be up to date with the firmware that's currently available.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I have the same issue!