Insignia Soundbar Home Theater Speaker (NS-SB212) FAQ

[ Edited ]

Setup Questions

Question 1: How do I mount my soundbar to the wall?

Question 2: How do I set up my soundbar using an RCA audio analog connection?

Question 3: How do I set up my soundbar using an AUX IN connection?

Question 4: How do I set up my soundbar using a Digital connection?

Question 5: How do I connect my soundbar to a subwoofer?

Audio Questions

Question 6: Why do I have low or no sound coming from the soundbar?

Question 7: Why do I hear a buzzing or humming sound?

Question 8: Why can I hear output from both the soundbar and my TV?

Question 9: How do I adjust the bass?

Power Questions

Question 10: Why doesn’t my soundbar have power?

Question 11: Why doesn’t the soundbar come on when the TV is turned on?

Question 12: Why doesn’t the soundbar turn off when the TV is turned off?

Question 13: My soundbar is not working properly.

Remote Control Questions

Question 14: Why is the remote control not working?

Question 15: How do I install or replace the battery in my remote control?

LED Indicator Questions

Question 16: When does the standby LED light?

Question 17: When does the power LED light?

Question 18: What does the sound mode LED indicate?

Question 19: When does the BASS LED light?

General Questions

Question 20: Can I order a replacement cable?

Question 21: Can I order a replacement remote control?

Question 22: Can I get more information about the Insignia Soundbar Home Theater Speaker?

Question 23: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

Question 1: How do I mount my soundbar to the wall?

[ Edited ]
  • Have you tried using your User Guide to help you through this process? If more help is needed, follow the steps below.
     1. Select a location to mount your soundbar. Make sure the location is near the TV and in front of the listening position.
          Note: For best sound quality, do not block the soundbar with objects or furniture. 
     2. Tape the supplied wall mount template to the wall temporarily.
     3. Drill two holes in the wall where the template indicates.
     4. Secure two screws (not included) to the wall in the holes drilled in Step 3 leaving the screws about ¼” out from the wall.
          The screw width must be about 3/16” and the screw head must be ¼” to 3/8”.
          If you are mounting on drywall, concrete, or other wall types, be sure to use suitable wall anchors.
mount_schematic3.jpg
     5. Align the soundbar hanging brackets with the screws, then hang the soundbar on the screws.
mount_schematic4.jpg

Question 2: How do I set up my soundbar using an RCA audio analog connection?

[ Edited ]
  • Have you tried using your User Guide to help you through this process? If more help is needed, follow the steps below.
  1. If you are wall mounting your soundbar, you must use the included RCA audio cable with right-angled connectors.

1. Connect your red and white RCA cables to the RCA IN jack on the back of your soundbar, matching the colors to their correct jack.

1. Connect the other ends to the AUDIO OUTPUT of your source device (e.g. TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player), matching colors to the correct jack.

RCA-Audio-Analog-connections2.jpg 

1. Connect the AC adapter to the DC IN jack on the back of the soundbar.

1. Plug the other end of the AC adapter into a power outlet.

1. Press the power button to turn on the soundbar. The power indicator turns green.

1. Turn on the sound source device connected to your soundbar and begin playback.

1. Press the Input button on the top of the soundbar or on the remote control repeatedly to select the RCA source. The sound plays through the soundbar.

1. Press the power button again to turn off the soundbar. The standby indicator turns on.

Question 3: How do I set up my soundbar using an AUX IN connection?

[ Edited ]
  1. If you are wall mounting your soundbar, you must use the included 3.5 mm audio cable with the right-angled AUX IN connector.

1. Connect your 3.5mm audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack on the back of your soundbar.

1. Connect the other end to the AUDIO OUTPUT of your source device (e.g. TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player).

AUX-IN-connections2.jpg

1. Press the power button to turn on the soundbar. The power indicator turns green.

1. Turn on the sound source device connected to your soundbar and begin playback.

1. Press the Input button on the top of the soundbar or on the remote control repeatedly to select AUX IN source. The sound plays through the soundbar.

1. Press the power button again to turn off the soundbar. The standby indicator turns on.

Question 4: How do I set up my soundbar using a Digital connection?

1. Connect a digital output cable (not included) to the DIGITAL OPTICAL OUTPUT jack of your source device (i.e. TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player).

1. Connect the other end to the OPTICAL IN jack on the back of your soundbar.

Digital-connections2.jpg

1. Change your source device’s audio output to “PCM” format. Refer your source device’s user manual for additional information.

1. Press the Input button on the top of the soundbar or on the remote control repeatedly to select the OPTICAL IN source. The sound plays through the soundbar.

Question 5: How do I connect my soundbar to a subwoofer?

1. Connect a subwoofer cable (not included) to your subwoofer.

1. Connect the other end to the SUBWOOFER OUT jack on the back of your soundbar.

Subwoofer-connection2.jpg

Question 6: Why do I have low or no sound coming from the soundbar?

• Make sure the soundbar is powered on.
  • Check the volume level of the soundbar.
  • Check the volume level of source devices connected to the soundbar.
  • Make sure that the volume of the soundbar and/or the source devices are not set to mute.
  • Make sure the correct audio source is selected. Press the INPUT button repeatedly to select the correct audio source (RCA, AUX IN, or OPTICAL IN).
  • If you use the OPTICAL IN connection, change the source device’s audio output to “PCM” format. Refer your source device’s user manual for additional information.
  • Make sure all connections are secure.
  • Replace any damaged cables.

Question 7: Why do I hear a buzzing or humming sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure all connections are secure.
  • Replace any damaged cables.
  • Connect to a different source device (e.g. TV, projector, DVD/Blu-ray player) to see if the buzzing still occurs. If it does not, this may be an issue with the device originally connected.
  • Use a different connection method (e.g. try Optical instead of AUX) between the soundbar and the source device to make sure the cables or jacks on both devices are still working.
  • If you're useing the OPTICAL IN connection, make sure the source device’s audio output is set to “PCM” format.

Question 8: Why can I hear output from both the soundbar and my TV?

• Turn off the internal speakers of your source device. Refer to the device manual for instructions or contact the manufacturer of the source device such as your TV, for support.

Question 9: How do I adjust the bass?

• Press the BASSbutton on your remote or the top of your soundbar to activate or deactivate BASS frequency enhancement.
    • The BASS indicator lights when BASS frequency enhancement is turned on.
  • If you are using a subwoofer, adjust the bass volume on your subwoofer.