Question 20: How do I listen to the radio?

1. Repeatedly press INPUT on the receiver or TUNER on the remote to select AM or FM. The band you select (AM or FM) is shown on the screen.
  2. Tune to the radio station you want by pressing and holding ◄ or ► buttons on the receiver for more than one second.
    OR
    Press and hold the TUNE ◄ or TUNE ► buttons on the remote control for more than one second.
  3. Repeat step 2 until you find a station you want.

Question 21: What should I do if a radio station has static or is not received?

• Make sure that the AM or FM antenna is attached correctly and securely.
  • Make sure that you have selected the correct radio station.
  • If you are listening to an FM station, press MO/ST on the remote control and switch to mono mode.
  • Consider installing an outdoor AM or FM antenna (not included).
  • Try playing audio through a different input (such as CD, AUX, or Bluetooth). If there is still static:
    • Make sure that your speaker cables are correctly and securely connected to your stereo receiver and speakers.
    • Your speaker cables may be worn out. Try replacing them with new cables.

Question 22: How do I set a radio station preset?

[ Edited ]

You can have the receiver automatically store available radio stations or you can do it manually. You can store 30 stations in the stereo receiver’s memory.

To automatically preset radio stations:

1. Press and hold MEMO on the remote control for more than two seconds. AUTO MEM blinks on the display and the receiver automatically searches for and presets stations.
    Radio-Preset.jpg
  2. To stop automatically presetting stations, press MEMO

To manually preset a radio station:

With a remote control

1. Tune to the radio station you want to preset. See Question 20 for more information.
  2. Press MEMO on the remote control. “MEM” blinks on the display.
  3. Press the number keys on your remote control to select a preset number between 1 and 30.
  4. Press MEMO on the remote control to confirm your selection.
  5. Repeat these steps to memorize additional stations.

Without a remote control

1. Tune to the radio station you want to preset. See Question 20 for more information.
  2. Press MEMORY on the stereo receiver. “MEM” blinks on the display.
  3. Press the ◄ or ► (function) buttons on the stereo receiver to select a preset number between 1 and 30.
  4. Press MEMORY on the stereo receiver to confirm your selection.
  5. Repeat these steps to memorize additional stations.

Question 23: What should I do if I hear audio, but do not see video on my TV?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your TV is turned on.
  • Make sure that your video cables are connected correctly and securely to your TV and video source. See Question 3 for information.
  • Make sure that the input (source) is selected. See Question 5 for more information.
  • Try a different video cable. If the picture is better, the problem may have been with the original cable.
  • Make sure that your TV is connected to a video source. Your stereo receiver does not have video connections.

Question 24: What should I do if the remote control is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the remote control is no more than 23 feet (7 meters) from your stereo receiver.
  • Move closer to your stereo receiver.
  • Make sure that the remote control is aimed no more than 30 degrees from the sensor.
    Remote-range.jpg
  • Make sure that the stereo receiver’s sensor is not blocked.
  • The remote control may not work if the sensor is in direct sunlight or other bright lighting. If this occurs, change the angle of the stereo receiver or use the remote control closer to the remote sensor window.
  • The batteries may be low or dead. Replace the batteries with two new alkaline AAA batteries. See Question 25 for more information.

Question 25: How do I install or replace batteries in my remote control?

1. Remove the battery cover.
  2. Insert two alkaline AAA batteries into the battery compartment. Make sure that the + and symbols match the + and inside the compartment.

Remote-batteries.jpg

3. Replace the battery cover.

Question 26: Where can I get more information about my stereo receiver?

• Refer to your User Guide that came with your stereo receiver or go to the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-STR514” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.
Highlighted

Question 27: Where can I find more information about my warranty?

• You can find more information about your warranty in your User Guide or on the Insignia website (insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type “NS-STR514” into the search bar located in the top right corner, then press ENTER.