Question 10: What should I do if my stereo receiver will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

[ Edited ]

When your stereo receiver is connected to Bluetooth, “CONNECTED” appears on the display and the Bluetooth indicator lights. For Bluetooth pairing instructions, see Question 8.

• Move your Bluetooth device closer to your stereo receiver while pairing.
  • Turn your devices off, then on. Re-pair your stereo receiver and Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your stereo receiver is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your Bluetooth device is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that you select Bluetooth audio as your stereo receiver’s input (source). Press INPUT on the stereo receiver repeatedly until “BT AUDIO” is shown on the display or press Bluetooth Icon A.gif (BLUETOOTH) on your remote control.
  • Make sure that you have entered pairing mode on your Bluetooth device. See the documentation that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  • Make sure that you selected NS-STR514 from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
  • If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.

Question 11: What should I do if my Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my stereo receiver?

• Shorten the distance between your stereo receiver and your Bluetooth device.
  • If the battery on your Bluetooth device is low, recharge the battery.

Question 12: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my stereo receiver?

• If your Bluetooth device asks for a passcode, enter 0000.

Question 13: What should I do if there is no sound coming from all or one of the speakers?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the correct input (source) is selected.
  • Turn up the volume of your connected device to at least 50%.
  • Make sure that your speakers are not muted. Turn up the volume of your stereo receiver or connected device.
  • Press SPEAKER A or SPEAKER B on your remote control to select the correct speakers.
  • External speakers turn off when headphones are connected. Unplug any headphones connected to your stereo receiver.
  • Make sure that the cables are correctly connected to your stereo receiver and speakers. See Question 1 for speaker connection instructions.
  • Make sure that the speaker cables are securely connected to your stereo receiver and speakers. The wire should be stripped so that the wire insulation is not under the terminal.
  • Make sure that your stereo receiver and source device (such as a TV, CD player, or MP3 player) are connected correctly and securely. See Question 2 (audio-only devices), Question 3 (video devices), or Question 4 (phones, MP3 players, etc.) for instructions on connection devices to your stereo receiver.
  • If you are connected to a Bluetooth device, make sure that your stereo receiver and Bluetooth device are paired. See Question 8 for more Bluetooth information.
  • Make sure that your stereo receiver, speakers, and connected device are turned on and connected to a working power outlet. If they are connected to a power strip, make sure it is turned on.
  • Adjust the tone of your speakers. See Question 18 for more information.

Question 14: What should I do if I hear static or popping noises though my speakers?

[ Edited ]
  • If you are listening to the radio, see Question 21 for more information.
  • Make sure that the cables are correctly and securely connected to your stereo receiver and speakers.
  • If you are connected to a Bluetooth device, move it closer to your stereo receiver.
  • Your speaker wires may be worn out. Try replacing them with new wires.

Question 15: What should I do if the sound is not balanced or loud enough?

[ Edited ]
  • Turn up the volume of your stereo receiver or connected device.
  • Adjust the balance of your speakers. See Question 19 for more information.
  • Make sure that your speakers are set up in the best location. See the documentation that came with your speakers for more information.
  • Make sure that you are using the same kind of speakers.

Question 16: What should I do if the speaker sound is unnatural and lacks bass?

[ Edited ]
  • Your speaker polarity (+ / –) may be reversed. Make sure that your speaker wires are connected correctly and securely. See Question 1 for connection instructions.
  • Adjust the tone of your speakers. See Question 18 for more information.
  • Make sure that your speakers are set up in the best location. See the documentation that came with your speakers for more information.

Question 17: How do I change which speakers are used?

• Press SPEAKER A or SPEAKER B on your remote control to select the correct speakers. The stereo receiver display shows SPK A, SPK B, SPK AB, or SPK OFF.

Question 18: How do I adjust the tone of my speakers?

The tone levels can be adjusted from -10 to 10 dB.

• Press the TREBLE + or buttons on your remote control to adjust the treble level.

Question 19: How do I adjust my speaker balance?

Note: Make sure that your speakers are placed in the best location before adjusting your speaker balance.

• Adjust the sound volume balance between the left and right speakers by pressing L-BALANCE or BALANCE-R on your remote control.
    Radio-Preset.jpg