Insignia Voice Smart Speaker is developing Alzheimer's

Have a couple of the Insignia Voice Smart Speakers and a Google Home. Until recently the "Shortcuts" worked on all speakers. Then Google changed the name to "Routines" and offered a multi step action. This is great, however, now the Insignia speakers recognize nothing, not even a single step action like before. Appears that they are developing Alzheimer's. I'm sure a firmware update would solve the issue, but does anyone have an answer as to when or more importantly if there will be one? No need to reply with that standard answer we've seen so many times about firmware update. I actually like the little Insignia, and was planning on buying a couple more, but that is on hold. I guess the ones I have can always be used in a place that would be suitable for mentally challenged, and use others for places where they need to be smart. Please advise.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia Voice Smart Speaker is developing Alzheimer's

Hello AJ49,

Welcome to the Insignia Support Online Forum Community! Thank you for sharing your frustration regarding your Insignia Voice Speaker. It’s great to hear that Google has updated their shortcuts, but it’s disappointing that your speaker isn’t working as it was prior.

As we’ve shared with others experiencing similar issues this is a known issue, and we’ve been partnering with Google to fix the issues present. Your Insignia Voice Speaker should automatically update the firmware when it’s available. At this time we’d be unable to provide an exact date of when it will be available. Thank you again for your post, and we appreciate your patience as this issue is worked out.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support