Insignia sound bar model NS-SB314

Help.🤪
I hooked up my sound bar to my Sharp Roku TV using a digital optical cable.
I wants to play a music channel on my TV. I tried to turn the volume up on my sound bar but it wouldn’t get very loud. I can turn the volume down though. Just not loud.
Any ideas why?
Insignia Support

Re: Insignia sound bar model NS-SB314

Good Morning dstratigakos,

Welcome to our community! Sound is such an important part of any viewing experience for a new show, music channel, or movie you’re looking to watch. It’s disappointing to hear that your NS-SB314 soundbar may not be performing as expected.

Can you please share which model of Sharp TV you have? I’d be happy to review the manual to double check if connecting via the optical audio cable is the recommended way. Often times in the TV’s owner’s manual there will also be directions on how to turn off the TV’s internal sound, and ensure the soundbar is chosen as the output for the sound. I look forward to your reply to see what further troubleshooting tips, or advice I can share with you at this time.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Mariah:
What a great surprise! My husband is still blaming me for not Joplin up the sound bar correctly. Lol
The Model is

Sharp 1080p

I gave you the wrong model . Sorry.
It is LC-43LB481U
Insignia Support

Hello dstratigakos,

Thanks for sharing which Sharp model you have. I’d be happy to continue assisting you. (Us women need to stick together!) I’ve noted the troubleshooting steps, and the settings I’d like you to double check below. I also linked to the both of the owner’s manuals as it may be easier to review them electronically.

Have you turned off your TV’s internal speakers? You’re able to this in your TV’s menu settings. To turn off your TV speakers, on the Home menu, press or to highlight Settings, then press OK. Highlight Audio, then press OK. Highlight TV speakers, then press OK. Press OK to remove the check from the TV speakers enabled check box.

Please also double check that your TV is in the correct audio mode. You can do this by seeing if switching it to “Stereo” rather than "Auto" will help. You can navigate to these options by selecting the Home screen menu to Settings > Audio > Audio mode.

If changing those two settings do not result in being able to control the sound better then I’d recommend trying a different connection. Can you please try to connect your TV with the 3.5 mm analog audio output that was included with your soundbar? On page 4 of your soundbar manual  port #5, and then connected to your TV’s headphone jack on shown on page 27 of your TVs manual. Connecting via Optical Audio as noted on your TV’s manual page 28 is the best connection, but I’m wondering if you’re able to control the volume better on your TV via the headphone connection. I look forward to your reply!

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Insignia Support

Morning dstratigakos,

I noticed that you were looking for troubleshooting assistance on another thread. Have you had an opportunity to try the troubleshooting I had noted above? I look forward to your reply, and continuing to help you if you’d need help.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support