Question 20: What should I do if the soundbar remote control is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the AC adapter is correctly and securely connected to your soundbar and a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that the plastic tab has been removed from the battery compartment before using it for the first time.
  • Make sure that you are within 23 feet (7 meters) of the soundbar.
  • Make sure that you are pointing the remote control directly at the IR sensor (located near the LED on the front of the soundbar).
  • Make sure that there are no obstructions blocking your remote control or IR sensor.
  • Your remote control battery may be dead. See Question 22 for instructions on how to change the battery.

Question 21: What should I do if my TV remote does not control my soundbar volume?

[ Edited ]

This is normal. Most TV remotes will not control the soundbar. See Question 24 for information about programming an Insignia TV remote or universal remote.

Question 22: How do I install or replace the batteries in the remote control?

1. Squeeze the tab on the battery tray, then pull the battery tray out.
    Remote-Control_Battery.png
  2. Remove the old battery, then insert a new 3V lithium battery (CR2025) into the battery tray. Match the polarity of the new battery with the plus sign (+) in the battery tray.
  3. Slide the battery tray back into the battery compartment until it clicks into place.

Question 23: Why does my TV remote change both the TV and soundbar volume level?

Your TV may affect the soundbar’s volume control. Instructions may vary depending on your TV’s available settings. For more information, see the documentation that came with your TV.

• In your TV’s audio settings:
    • Select “Fixed Audio” output if you do not want your TV remote control to change both your TV and soundbar volume levels.
      OR
    • Select “Variable Audio” output if you want your remote control to change both your TV and soundbar volume levels.
  • Alternatively, you can also turn off your TV’s audio if you don’t want the remote control to change both volume levels. See the instructions that came with your TV for more information.

Question 24: Can I control my soundbar with a universal remote control?

An Insignia TV remote will control your soundbar’s volume. However, you cannot use a universal remote control.
Note: Insignia TV remotes cannot change your soundbar’s audio source or sound mode. Use the controls on your soundbar or the remote that came with it to change these settings.

Question 25: Can I purchase a replacement remote control?

Yes. To order a replacement remote:

1. Go to Best Buy’s online part store at https://bestbuy.partsearch.com.
  2. Type your soundbar’s brand (Insignia) into the search bar, then click GO.
  3. Type your soundbar’s model number (NS-SB216) into the search bar, then click GO.
  4. Locate the remote control in the search results, then click Add to Cart.
  5. Click Checkout, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your order.

Question 26: What are the soundbar’s dimensions?

The soundbar is 12.6 × 2.7 × 1.8 inches (32.0 × 6.9 × 4.6 cm).

Question 27: What TVs are compatible with the soundbar?

The soundbar works with TVs that have a digital optical or RCA output. It is designed to work with almost every modern TV.

Highlighted

Question 28: Where can I get more information about my soundbar?

Find your Quick Setup Guide, User Guide, or warranty information on the Insignia website. Go to www.insigniaproducts.com, then search for NS-SB216.