Mini 2.0 Soundbar with Bluetooth (NS-SB216) FAQ

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: Where can I find setup instructions?

Question 2: What do I need to mount the soundbar?

Question 3: What should I do if it’s difficult to connect cables to my soundbar when it’s mounted?

Question 4: Do I need to connect both the RCA cable and audio cable?

Question 5: How do I connect the soundbar to a computer?

Bluetooth

Question 6: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

Question 7: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my soundbar?

Question 8: What should I do if my soundbar will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

Question 9: What should I do if my Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my soundbar?

Question 10: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

Question 11: How do I reconnect to a previously paired device?

Audio

Question 12: What should I do if there is low or no sound?

Question 13: What should I do if the sound is buzzing or breaking up?

Question 14: What should I do if I hear sound coming from both my soundbar and TV?

Question 15: How do I connect a subwoofer?

Usage

Question 16: How do I tell which source (input) my soundbar is using?

Question 17: What should I do if the soundbar does not turn on?

Question 18: Is there a way to automatically turn the soundbar on or off with a TV?

Question 19: What do the LED indicators mean?

Remote Control

Question 20: What should I do if the soundbar remote control is not working?

Question 21: What should I do if my TV remote does not control my soundbar volume?

Question 22: How do I install or replace the batteries in the remote control?

Question 23: Why does my TV remote change both the TV and soundbar volume level?

Question 24: How do I control my soundbar with a universal remote control?

Question 25: Can I purchase a replacement remote control?

General

Question 26: What are the soundbar’s dimensions?

Question 27: What TVs are compatible with the soundbar?

Question 28: Where can I get more information about my soundbar?

16-0262

Question 1: Where can I find setup instructions?

You can find instructions in the soundbar’s User Guide or Quick Setup Guide, which are available on the product page on the Insignia website (www.insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type NS‑SB216 into the search bar, then press ENTER. Click the SUPPORT/DOWNLOADS to see the available documentation.

Question 2: What do I need to mount the soundbar?

To mount your soundbar below a wall-mounted flat screen TV, purchase a soundbar mounting kit, such as the Rocketfish Soundbar Mounting Kit (RF-SBM101) from Best Buy, then follow the instructions provided.

Question 3: What should I do if it’s difficult to connect cables to my soundbar when it’s mounted?

[ Edited ]

Remove your soundbar from the wall, connect your cables, then align the soundbar with the screws and hang it back on the wall.

Question 4: Do I need to connect both the RCA cable and audio cable?

No. You only need to connect one audio cable. Both cable types provide similar sound quality.

Question 5: How do I connect the soundbar to a computer?

1. Connect one end of the RCA cable to your soundbar.
  2. Connect the other end of the RCA cable to the 3.5 mm to RCA adapter (included).
  3. Connect the 3.5 mm connecter on the adapter to your computer’s headphone jack.
    Note: You may need to change your computer’s sound output to the soundbar in your audio settings. See your computer’s documentation for instructions.
    connection_3.5mm_lr.png

Question 6: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

1. Turn on your soundbar.
  2. Place the Bluetooth device within 33 ft. (10 m) of your soundbar.
    Note: The maximum distance is 33 ft. (10 m). However, this distance may be reduced if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  3. Press the Icon_Bluetooth.png (Bluetooth) button on the remote control or the 15-0529_Source.png (source) button on the soundbar to select Bluetooth mode. The LED blinks blue.
  4. Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth settings, turn on Bluetooth, then search for available devices. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  5. On your Bluetooth device, select NS-SB216 from the device list. Repeat steps 1-4 if “NS-SB216” is not displayed.
  6. If a PIN code is requested, enter 0000. When pairing is completed, the Bluetooth indicator is solid blue.

Question 7: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my soundbar?

• Turn off Bluetooth on your Bluetooth device.
    OR
  • Select at different source (input) on your soundbar.

Question 8: What should I do if my soundbar will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

[ Edited ]

The blue LED indicator lights solid when your soundbar is connected to Bluetooth. For Bluetooth pairing instructions, see Question 6.

• Move your Bluetooth device closer to your soundbar while pairing.
  • Turn your devices off, then on. Re-pair your soundbar and Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your soundbar is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your Bluetooth device is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that you select Bluetooth audio as your soundbar’s source (input). Press the Icon_Bluetooth.png (Bluetooth) button on the remote control or the 15-0529_Source.png (source) button on the soundbar. The source indicator should light blue.
  • Make sure that you have entered pairing mode on your Bluetooth device. See the documentation that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  • Make sure that you selected NS-SB216 from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
  • If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.

Question 9: What should I do if my Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my soundbar?

• Shorten the distance between your soundbar and your Bluetooth device. The maximum distance is 33 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  • If the battery on your Bluetooth device is low, recharge the battery.