Question 10: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

• If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.

Question 11: How do I reconnect to a previously paired device?

Your soundbar saves pairing information for up to eight devices and will connect to a device if it is within range. Make sure that:

• Your Bluetooth device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Your Bluetooth device and soundbar are within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other.
  • Your soundbar is turned on and its source (input) is set to Bluetooth.

If your Bluetooth device won’t automatically reconnect, you may need to reselect NS-SB216 on your Bluetooth device.

Question 12: What should I do if there is low or no sound?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the power is on and all connections are secure.
  • Make sure that all cable connections are correct. The audio cable should be connected to the audio output (not the audio input) of the source device. See Question 1 for information on finding your User Guide for connection instructions.
  • If you are using the OPTICAL connection, make sure that the source device’s audio source is set to “PCM” format. See the documentation that came with the audio source device (such as a TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player) for additional information.
  • Make sure that the correct audio source is selected. See Question 16 for more information.
  • Make sure that your volume is not muted.
  • Turn up the volume of the soundbar or connected device.
  • Make sure that the audio cable you are using is not damaged or broken. Try using a different cable.
  • Make sure that the sound mode is suitable for the audio source. On the remote control, you can select:
    • Standard: Lets you enjoy normal sound.
    • Theater: Best for enjoying movies. Bass frequencies are enhanced.
    • News: Select for clear voice reproduction.

Question 13: What should I do if the sound is buzzing or breaking up?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that all connections are correct and secure. The audio cable should be connected to the audio output (not the audio input) of the source device. See Question 1 for information on finding your User Guide for connection instructions.
  • Make sure that the audio cable you are using is not damaged or broken. Try using a different cable.
  • If you are using the OPTICAL connection, make sure that the source device’s audio source is set to “PCM” format. See the documentation that came with the audio source device (such as a TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player) for additional information.
  • Use a different connection method between the soundbar and the source device to make sure that the jacks on both devices are still working. You can connect your devices with RCA cables, digital optical cables (not included), or Bluetooth.
  • Connect to a different source device (such as a TV, projector, or DVD/Blu-ray player) to see if the buzzing still occurs. If it does not, this may be an issue with the original source device.

Question 14: What should I do if I hear sound coming from both my soundbar and TV?

[ Edited ]
  • Turn off or mute the internal speakers of your TV. See your TV’s manual for more information.
  • See Question 23 and Question 24 for further information on controlling your soundbar with a remote control.

Question 15: How do I connect a subwoofer?

You cannot connect a subwoofer directly to your soundbar. However, you can connect a subwoofer to a stereo receiver that’s connected to your TV. See the documentation that came with your receiver for instructions.

Question 16: How do I tell which source (input) my soundbar is using?

[ Edited ]

To change your soundbar’s source (input):

• On your remote control, press OPTICAL, RCA, or Icon_Bluetooth.png (Bluetooth) to select the source you want.
    OR
  • On your soundbar, press the 15-0529_Source.png (source) button repeatedly to cycle through the sources. The source indicator lights up:

Input (source)

LED Color

Optical

Green

RCA

Orange

Bluetooth (Icon_Bluetooth.png)

Blue (blinks while in pairing mode)

Question 17: What should I do if the soundbar does not turn on?

• Make sure that the AC adapter is securely connected to both the power outlet and the soundbar.
  • Make sure that the power outlet is working or the power strip is turned on.

Question 18: Is there a way to automatically turn the soundbar on or off with a TV?

No. Your soundbar must be turned on separately.

Question 19: What do the LED indicators mean?

[ Edited ]

Power indicator

Color

Description

Solid red

The soundbar is in standby mode.

Blinks red

The soundbar is muted.

Off

The soundbar is turned on.

Source indicator

Note: The source indicator flashes when the volume is adjusted.

Color

Description

Green

Optical source is selected.

Orange

RCA source is selected.

Blue

Bluetooth source is selected. The light blinks when in pairing mode.

Flashes purple

DSP is selected (with the remote control).