Highlighted

Need firmware update now for Insignia smart speaker NS-CSPGASP-G

Google has updated their Home and Assistant app to used custom routines in the past week and removed shortcuts. This means Insignia speakers will no longer work properly because they don't support routines yet. Please escalate this issue! It has been months since the last firmware update. And yes I'm using the latest firmware.

I have called both Insignia and Best Buy management. But no one seems to have a release date but only vague we're working on it replies.
Insignia Support

Re: Need firmware update now for Insignia smart speaker NS-CSPGASP-G

Hello Firestorm,

Welcome to Community@Insignia! 

We’re in the process of partnering with Google to see that this issue is resolved in an upcoming firmware update. We currently do not know the release date for the next firmware update, but we’re partnering with Google to get it out as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the interim.

Regards,
John
Insignia Support

Really John! I don't even know why you bother responding. I sat in my post that I had already gotten the We're are working on it reply. In fact here it is in case you want to compare.

"Not all of Google’s Home functionalities are available on our Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock at this time. We’re in the process of partnering with Google to see that these functionalities are eventually rolled out to all of our customers."

Don't think they intend to update the firmware. Planned obsolescence so you buy the next upcoming model, which has latest Google firmware....