Visitor

Night Mode does not work for Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP)

Night Mode does not work for Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP) is there any plans to get this feature working anytime soon ?

Thanks

Insignia Support

Re: Night Mode does not work for Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP)

Good Morning Powel,

Thank you so for posting to our community to seek some help with the night mode feature on your Insignia Voice Speaker. I’d be happy to help you.

Night Mode should work as it’s a feature the current models do have. Have you installed the Google Home Application? In order to use this feature you’d need to use the Google Home Application. Once your Insignia Voice Speaker is set up, and synced to the Google Home App you should be able to follow the steps below to get it set up.

-Tap the Devices button (shaped like a TV and speakers) in the top right corner of the app>> Select Devices from the menu.

-Tap the three buttons in the top right corner of the card for the speaker you want to enable Night Mode on. >> Select Settings

-Scroll down and tap Night Mode

-Tap the toggle to the right of Enable Night Mode

Once it’s enabled another popup menu will be prompted to set the schedule. Can you please share if you’ve already taken these steps, and you’re still having an issue?

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Re: Night Mode does not work for Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP)

The steps you suggested had already been set, I tried again and noticed that the Night mode works for the Volume only. The LEDs brightness (clock and activity lights) remains the same regardless of the setting.I have 3 units and this is the issue with all.

Insignia Support

Powel,

Thanks for letting me know that you have the function set up, but it doesn’t seem to be working as designed. I’ve bubbled this up to our advanced support team for further review. I’d be happy to share any additional insight or troubleshooting recommendations they may have.  

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Insignia Support

Hi Powel,

Thank you so much for your patience on this matter. I really do appreciate it! Our support team shared there should be some other ways to manually dim the speaker.

You’re welcome to dim the speaker by using the Google Home application, and selecting the device. Then by dragging the slider to the left. If that doesn’t work, you can dim the LED screen directly from the Voice Speaker by pressing and holding the middle circle button and while holding that button press either – to lower the brightness or + to increase it.

Let me know if neither of those options work out for you!

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for your response.I am aware of how to manually Dim the brightness but this does solve the original problem of the night mode not working properly.The ability to have the LED dim on a schedule, Bright during the day and dim at night is a useful  feature that I hope you can get working correctly soon.

Thanks again for the quick responses and feedback