Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Software Updates? - Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock with Google Assistant, NS-CSPGASP-B

Will the Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock with Google Assistant, NS-CSPGASP-B, receive software updates to keep up with Google's own Google Home functionality? For instance, Google Assistant now supports routines, which string together functions from the predefined routines that Google provides. Will the Insignia Voice Smart products be able to use this new functionality?

Insignia Support

Re: Software Updates? - Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock with Google Assistant, NS-CSP...

Good Morning scottfvt,

Welcome, and thank you for your question! Google Assistant is a lot of fun. I’d be happy to help you answer your questions.

Not all of Google’s Home functionalities are available on our Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock at this time. We’re in the process of partnering with Google to see that these functionalities are eventually rolled out to all of our customers. Your unit should be looking for firmware updates daily. If you want to manually update it, do a factory reset and the device will search and download the latest update.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™  Support

Re: Software Updates? - Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock with Google Assistant, NS-CS

Thanks for the clarification given. It honestly hadn't occured to me when I bought these that there would be firmware version disconnects from the main Google Home. I hope Insignia can keep up with this after investing the money in it. Out of curiosity since there isn't a forum or a dedicated app for this unit how will we know when new firmware/features are pushed?  Thanks!

Re: Software Updates? - Voice Smart Bluetooth Speaker & Alarm Clock with Google Assistant, NS-CS

How long should the update take? My speaker has been flashing LOAd for about an hour or so.