Question 10: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

• If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.

Question 11: How do I reconnect to a previously paired device?

Your soundbar automatically connects to the last connected device if it is within range. Make sure that:

• Your Bluetooth device has Bluetooth turned on.
  • Your Bluetooth device and soundbar are within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other.
  • Your soundbar’s input (source) is set to Bluetooth.

Question 12: What should I do if there is low or no sound coming from the soundbar?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that your soundbar is connected to an audio OUT jack on your sound source. You will not hear audio if you connect to a sound source’s INPUT port.
  • Make sure that the power is on and all connections are secure.
  • Make sure that all cable connections are correct. The audio cable should be connected to the audio output (not the audio input) of the source device. See Question 1 for information on finding your User Guide for connection instructions.
  • If you are using the OPTICAL connection, make sure that the source device’s audio source is set to “PCM” format. See the documentation that came with your source device for more information.
  • Make sure that the correct audio source is selected. Press the 15-0529_Source.png (source) button until the correct source LED lights. See Question 15 for more information.
  • Turn up the volume of the soundbar or connected device.
  • Make sure that your soundbar volume is not muted.
  • Make sure that the sound mode is suitable for the audio source. Press the DSP button to select a sound mode:
    • Standard: Lets you enjoy normal sound.
    • Theater: Best for enjoying movies. Bass frequencies are enhanced.
    • News: Select for clear voice reproduction.

Question 13: What should I do if the sound is buzzing or breaking up?

• Make sure that your soundbar is connected to an audio OUT jack on your sound source. You will not hear audio if you connect to a sound source’s INPUT port.
  • Make sure that all connections are correct and secure.
  • Make sure that your cables are not broken or damaged.
  • If you are using the OPTICAL IN connection, make sure the source device’s audio source is set to “PCM” format. See the documentation that came with the audio source device (such as a TV, projector, DVD/Blu-ray player, etc.) for additional information.
  • Use a different connection method between the soundbar and the source device to make sure that the jacks on both devices are still working. You can connect your devices with RCA cables, AUX cables, digital optical cables (not included), or Bluetooth.
  • Connect to a different source device (such as a TV, projector, DVD/Blu-ray player, etc.) to see if the buzzing still occurs. If it does not, this may be an issue with the original source device.

Question 14: What should I do if I hear sound coming from both my soundbar and TV?

[ Edited ]
  • Turn off or mute the internal speakers of your TV. See your TV’s manual for more information.
  • See Question 21 for further information on controlling volume levels with your remote control.

Question 15: How do I tell what input (source) my soundbar is using?

Press the 15-0529_Source.png (source) button repeatedly on your soundbar or press an input button (1, 2, 3, or Bluetooth Icon A.gif) on your remote control to select the correct source. The source indicators light to show you which source is selected:

• 1: Optical mode
  • 2: AUX IN mode
  • 3: RCA mode
  • Bluetooth Icon A.gif: Bluetooth mode

features_top view_cropped.gif

Question 16: What should I do if the power does not come on?

• Make sure that the AC adapter is securely connected to both the power outlet and the soundbar.
  • Make sure that the power outlet is working or the power strip is turned on.

Question 17: What do the LED indicators mean?

[ Edited ]
  • The LED indicators labeled Bluetooth Icon A.gif, 1, 2, and 3 on your soundbar indicate which input (source) your soundbar is using. See Question 15 for more information.
  • The LED indicators labeled Standard, Theater, and News indicate the sound mode your soundbar is using. Press the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) button to select a sound mode:
    • Standard: Lets you enjoy normal sound.
    • Theater: Best for enjoying movies. Bass frequencies are enhanced.
    • News: Select for clear voice reproduction.

Question 18: What should I do if the soundbar remote control is not working?

[ Edited ]
  • Make sure that the AC adapter is correctly and securely connected to your soundbar and a working power outlet.
  • Make sure that the plastic tab has been removed from the battery compartment before using it for the first time.
  • Make sure that you are within 23 feet (7 meters) of the soundbar.
  • Make sure that you are pointing the remote control directly at the IR sensor on the front of the soundbar.
  • Make sure that there are no obstructions blocking your remote control or IR sensor.
  • Your remote control battery may be dead. See Question 20 for instructions on how to change the battery.

Question 19: How do I control my soundbar with a universal remote control?

To control your soundbar’s volume you can use an Insignia TV remote or program a universal remote. Insignia TV remotes and universal remotes will not be able to change your soundbar’s audio source or sound mode. Use the controls on your soundbar or the remote that came with it to change these settings.

To program a universal remote:

1. Go to http://www.insigniaproducts.com/support/remoteCodeFinder.html
  2. Under Search By Remote, select your remote’s brand from the drop-down menu. A list of remote codes is shown.
  3. Follow the directions that came with your remote to program a remote code. If several remote codes are provided, you may need to try several until you find one that works.
    Note: Make sure that you program the soundbar to a source on your remote that is not in use.