Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (NS-SB515) FAQ

[ Edited ]

Setup

Question 1: Where can I find mounting and setup instructions?

Question 2: What tools and materials do I need to mount the soundbar on a wall?

Question 3: What should I do if it’s difficult to connect cables to my soundbar when it’s mounted?

Question 4: How do I mount my soundbar if I do not have the mounting template?

Bluetooth

Question 5: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

Question 6: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my soundbar?

Question 7: What should I do if my soundbar will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

Question 8: What should I do if my Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my soundbar?

Question 9: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

Question 10: How do I reconnect to a previously paired device?

Audio

Question 11: What should I do if there is low or no sound?

Question 12: What should I do if the subwoofer is not connected?

Question 13: What should I do if the sound is buzzing or breaking up?

Question 14: What should I do if I hear sound coming from both my soundbar and TV?

Usage

Question 15: How do I tell which source (input) my soundbar is using?

Question 16: What should I do if the soundbar or subwoofer does not turn on?

Question 17: What does the LED indicator mean?

Remote Control

Question 18: What should I do if the soundbar remote control is not working?

Question 19: What should I do if my TV remote does not control my soundbar volume?

Question 20: How do I install or replace the batteries in the remote control?

Question 21: Why does my TV remote change both the TV and soundbar volume level?

Question 22: How do I control my soundbar with a universal remote control?

General

Question 23: Where can I get more information about my soundbar and wireless subwoofer?

15-0529

Question 1: Where can I find mounting and setup instructions?

• You can find installation instructions in the soundbar’s User Guide or Quick Setup Guide, which are available on the product page on the Insignia website (insigniaproducts.com). To go to the product page, type NS-SB515 into the search bar, then press ENTER. Click the SUPPORT/DOWNLOADS to see the available documentation.

Question 2: What tools and materials do I need to mount the soundbar on a wall?

You will need the following tools and hardware to mount your soundbar (not included unless indicated):

• Two screws (#10 × 1-1/2 in. (3.8 cm) wood screw (or similar))
  • Wall anchors (suitable for your wall type and that fits the screws)
  • Drill & drill bit
    Tip: The drill bit should be the same size as the shank (or core) of the screw. Do not include the thread width. See your local hardware store for more information about selecting the correct drill bit for your screw size.
  • Screwdriver
  • Stud finder (for wood stud installation)
  • Wall mounting template (included)
  • Level (to make sure that the mounting template is straight)
  • Tape (to tape the mounting template in place)
  • Hammer (to secure the wall anchors)
  • Tape measure

Question 3: What should I do if it’s difficult to connect cables to my soundbar when it’s mounted?

• Remove your soundbar from the wall, connect your cables, then align the soundbar with the screws and hang it back on the wall.
  • If you are using an included audio cable, connect the right-angled cable connector into the soundbar.

Question 4: How do I mount my soundbar if I do not have the mounting template?

For information on selecting screws and other hardware, see Question 2.

1. Select a location close to your TV and directly in front of the viewing/listening position.
  2. Use a pencil to mark two spots on the wall that are 22.2 inches (56.5 cm) apart. Make sure that the spots are level.
  3. Drill two holes on the wall where your pencil marks are.
  4. If you are mounting on drywall, concrete, or other wall types, insert an appropriate wall anchor (not included).
  5. Secure two screws (not included) to the wall in the holes you just drilled. The screws must protrude from the wall by about 1/4” (6.35 mm).
  6. Align the soundbar with the screws, then hang the soundbar on the screws.

Question 5: How do I pair a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

1. Turn on your soundbar.
  2. Select Bluetooth as the input source by pressing the Icon_bluetooth.png(Bluetooth) button on the remote control or the 15-0529_Source.png(source) button on the soundbar. The blue LED indicator blinks slowly.
  3. Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth settings, turn on Bluetooth, then search for available devices. See the instructions that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  4. On your Bluetooth device, select NS-SB515 from the device list. Repeat steps 3-4 if “NS-SB515” is not displayed.
  5. If a PIN code is requested, enter 0000. When pairing is completed, the Bluetooth indicator lights solid blue.
    Note: If “NS-SB515” is not displayed, repeat step 3.

Question 6: How do I disconnect a paired Bluetooth device from my soundbar?

• Turn off Bluetooth on your Bluetooth device.
    OR
  • Select at different source (input) on your soundbar.

Question 7: What should I do if my soundbar will not pair with my Bluetooth device?

The blue LED indicator lights solid when your soundbar is connected to Bluetooth. For Bluetooth pairing instructions, see Question 5.

• Move your Bluetooth device closer to your soundbar while pairing.
  • Turn your devices off, then on. Re-pair your soundbar and Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your soundbar is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that your Bluetooth device is not paired to another Bluetooth device.
  • Make sure that you select Bluetooth audio as your soundbar’s source (input). Press the  (Bluetooth) button on the remote control or the  (source) button on the soundbar. The blue LED indicator should blink slowly.
  • Make sure that you have entered pairing mode on your Bluetooth device. See the documentation that came with your Bluetooth device for more information.
  • Make sure that you selected NS-SB515 from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
  • If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.

Question 8: What should I do if my Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting from my soundbar?

1. Shorten the distance between your soundbar and your Bluetooth device. The maximum distance is 30 feet (10 meters). However, this distance may be reduced if the signal has to pass through walls or other obstructions.
  2. If the battery on your Bluetooth device is low, recharge the battery.

Question 9: What is the passcode for pairing a Bluetooth device to my soundbar?

• If a passcode is needed, enter 0000.