Question 20: How do I install or replace the batteries in the remote control?

1. Squeeze the tab on the battery tray, then pull the battery tray out.
    Remote-Control_Battery.png
  2. Remove the old battery, then insert a new 3V lithium battery (CR2025) into the battery tray. Match the polarity of the new battery with the plus sign (+) in the battery tray.
  3. Slide the battery tray back into the battery compartment until it clicks into place.

Question 21: Why does my TV remote change both the TV and soundbar volume level?

Your TV may affect the soundbar’s volume control. Instructions may vary depending on your TV’s available settings. For more information, see the documentation that came with your TV.

• In your TV’s audio settings:
    • Select “Fixed Audio” output if you do not want your TV remote control to change both your TV and soundbar volume levels.
      OR
    • Select “Variable Audio” output if you want your remote control to change both your TV and soundbar volume levels.
  • Alternatively, you can also turn off your TV’s audio if you don’t want the remote control to change both volume levels. See the documentation that came with your TV for more information.

Question 22: How do I control my soundbar with a universal remote control?

To control your soundbar’s volume you can use an Insignia TV remote or program a universal remote. Insignia TV remotes and universal remotes will not be able to change your soundbar’s audio source, sound mode, or subwoofer volume. Use the controls on your soundbar or the remote that came with it to change these settings.

To program a universal remote:

1. Go to http://www.insigniaproducts.com/support/remoteCodeFinder.html
  2. Under Search By Remote, select your remote’s brand from the drop-down menu. A list of remote codes is shown.
  3. Follow the directions that came with your remote to program a remote code. If several remote codes are provided, you may need to try several until you find one that works.
    Note: Make sure that you program the soundbar to a source on your remote that is not in use.

Question 23: Where can I get more information about my soundbar and wireless subwoofer?

• Find your Quick Setup Guide, User Guide, or warranty information on the Insignia website. Go to insigniaproducts.com, then search for NS-SB515.