Visitor

Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP) Will not Setup

I just got the Instignia Voice Speaker NS-CSPGASP-B and it will not set up.  I have gone through the set up multiple times.  I always get to the same spot.  It is trying to setup then it throws an error saying it can't authenticate.  I have done a factory reset by holding down the mute until the LED's turn orange.  I have unplugged.  I have uninstalled Google Home and reinstalled.  I even took my other Google Home device (which set up like a charm) off the network and tried to do the insignia first.  No luck.  I know it is communicating as it makes the noise and I have seen both a phone and a tablet make a connection to it. 

The device just sits there with Set on its display.  I love the concept, but setup shouldn't be impossible.  Does anyone have an idea or does this get boxed up and returned to Best Buy?

Visitor

Re: Voice Speaker with Google Assistant (NS-CSPGASP) Will not Setup

I'm having the exact same issue. I have three other Google Home devices and no issues.

Visitor

Hoping for a suggestion before returning this thing.

Visitor

So I brought it to work today to see if it was the wifi we have at home. We are staying at my inlaws while our house is being built and their internet is horrible....like 2mbps horrible.

Interestingly when trying to set it up Google says "This device was manufactured for another country and may not work with your wifi." which I found interesting and may explain the connectivity issues I have been having.

So I was able to get it to connect to the wifi in my office and have a time come up on it. Then it also set up fine with my Google Assistant, which was where the main hangup was before. 

After getting all that setup it downloaded an update and seems to be good to go. Going to take it home and see if that got me past this speed bump. 

Either way at least it isn't the device but probably the lousy internet connection.

Insignia Support

Good Morning Henrysdad and soonergto,

Thanks for sharing your issues with an authentication error that you’re experiencing when setting up your Insignia Voice Speaker. I understand not being able to set up the speaker properly can very much limit it’s use.

Can you please confirm exactly when in the process this authenticity error pops up? If this error pops up when attempting to connect to the internet most times it means that you entered your Wi-Fi password incorrectly. It’s possible that it would a router issue too. Usually we’d recommend that our SMART items are connected to a router that is configured to be 2.4 GHz band or had the capability of dual bandwidth. We also recommend that you use the WPA-PSK security setting on your router.

Soonertgo- Please share an update with us when you get a chance! Hopefully, yours just needed to be updated.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Thanks for the reply Mariah.

I am able to connect it to the home interenet without issue but when the Google Home app processes it's authentication it comes up as "unable to authenticate" and directs me to Google's site for suggestions on AP isolation.

I've confirmed that the home router is set up correctly as far as the requirements I could find, it is running 2.4GHz. I will confirm the WPA-PSK setting but I doubt if it was different.

As previously mentioned I was able to come to work and set it up and it worked just fine. I was a little confused because when connecting at work I got a popup that says "This device is manufactured for use in another country and may have issues with your wifi." 

Insignia Support

Soonergto,

Thank you so much for following up with me.

Can you please share where you’re using your device at? And where you purchased it at? I’d be happy to look into that error. Depending on the IP address you connected the speaker to at work it may be detecting an alternative network set up.

Thank you for confirming when you were getting the authenticity error. I’d be happy to see if our troubleshooting teams can share more details regarding it.

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I am using the device in Oklahoma, USA. I bought it at Best Buy locally. My office is also in Oklahoma, no VPN is being used so it should be our local IP address.

Visitor

Hi,

Definitely know the password as I am able to add my everything else including a google home mini with no issues.  

I am running a Netgear dual band router.  I've tried both the 2.5 and the 5 bands to no luck.  I'm also running wpa2-psk as security

I've tried using my phone in airplane mode and just turning on wifi so nothing interfers (found that on a site about problems)  still no luck.  I can see it get an IP and I can look at its firmware version.  It just won't connect to Google to finish.  

It starts and I hear the sound. give it a name, connect to internet.  it says connecting to wi-fi .  thenn it sasy setup google assistant.  it says it can recognize voice from other device.  i enter address then it says configuring yoru insignia ns-cspgasp and the colored balls circle the grey ball.  then it says there was a problem setting up tap help  In help is says Authentication isn't successful.  I've done everythign in that area multiple times.

At a loss right now.  guess it goes back.  bummer as it looks like what I want.

Insignia Support

Hello Henrysdad,

Thanks for your response. We really do appreciate the insight you’ve provided into the issue at hand. I’ve shared your post with our troubleshooting teams. Hopefully, they’ll have some suggestions or questions for you guys to help to get to the bottom of the issue.

Respectfully,

Mariah
Insignia ™Support