Visitor

surround sound not working on setup

During inatial setup my tv says (no signal) from surround sound system.  The surround is plugged into HDMI 2.  I only am using two HDMI ports  #1 is programing which is working, #2 is surround sound system which is not working Thanks for any help Richard

Insignia Support

Re: surround sound not working on setup

Hello Richard,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

I'll be happy to look into this for you if you will please reply with your TV model number and the brand and model number of your surround sound system.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

Visitor

HI John thanks for the reply. tv is a  Insignia #NS-50DR620NA18  Home theatre is a Sony DAV-TZ-140. More info, programing is HDMI 1 Home theatre is HDMI 3 (ARC)   on screen info for HDMI 3 (ARC) says no signal. The home theatre unit works, unpluged from old tv and pluged into new tv. I am fairly certain it is the installer, me. Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Insignia Support

Hello Richard,

Thank you for sharing the additional details.

If I'm reading correctly, you've tried your Sony home theater in both HDMI2 and HDMI3 with the same result? If so, for troubleshooting purposes, I'd recommend trying it in HDMI1 and testing HDMI2 and HDMI3 with your programming signal source to verify functionality.

If the TV is functional on all HDMI ports, I'd recommend contacting Sony for assistance troubleshooting the home theater system connections to your TV. If the ports do not seem to be functional, I'd recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance with more advanced troubleshooting for your TV.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support