Insignia Android Tablet - designed with BlueShirts, Agents, and customers - launch summer 2010

[ Edited ]

Android OS

camera

GPS

WiFI

3G option

Vote here also on BestBuy IdeaX http://bestbuyideax.com/ideas/4983 

accessories

Designed - ad beta tested internally for 90 days then rollout 

Message Edited by rstephens on 01-28-2010 02:34 PM
Message Edited by rstephens on 01-28-2010 02:35 PM
Visitor

Re: Insignia Android Tablet - designed with BlueShirts, Agents, and customers - launch summer 2010

Call it the "Insignia Connect".

First, as a tool to use for in-store and on-site by Best Buy Blue Shirts and Geek Squad Agents to provide connected access via wifi to an entire world full of information, not to mention each other ("connect").

The device will allow a strong uptake in online interaction with the community at a local level via social networking tools like Twitter and Facebook. The public can get to know their local Best Buy employees and ask questions directly to their store's own Twelpforce.

Apps can be created to allow instant access to internal resources, reducing the amount of time an employee has to leave a customer to go look up information on a store kiosk that may not be near the department.

Once we've beta tested the device, we can market it to both individuals and organizations. Companies would be very interested in a device that can be customized via apps on the open Android OS platform to connect their employees each other, and to internal and external company resources.
@agent3012

Re: Insignia Android Tablet - designed with BlueShirts, Agents, and customers - launch summer 2010

Great Idea. This could also be used in the Service Centers to not only interact with our agents (over 800 employees @GSC) but also to better interact with our clients!
Insignia Support

For supporting team communication across our enterprise I would suggest adding in MS Communicator functionality for the units used on the job.  If we could also find a way to use our GS/BBY applications on the device that would incredibly increase productivity (via Citrix maybe?).
Jacob
Insignia™ Support
Insignia Representative

I want to thank you all for your comments.  We are review this concept closely.  Keep the ideas for features, apps, design, etc. coming!

Highlighted

I really find your post interesting. I was searching out for the features of an Android tablet and I stumbled on your post.